UKC

Recommend me a jacket for long-armed people!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 27 Oct 2013

I'm after a new jacket, I already have a small thin primaloft one and an enormous down jacket, both are great but I'm after something in between.

I am 6'4" quite slim and with pretty long arms and have been struggling to find a decent fit. Shopping yesterday I tried the Arcteryx LT Atom jacket which was great but didnt really fit, the best I could find was the Norrona Lofoten Primaloft jacket. Has anyone tried Norrona kit? I know its pretty expensive and have never had any myeself, any experiences with it?

Any recommendations are most welcome, I don't mind too much wether it is down or synthetic although I am leaning more towards synthetic, the key is that I need it to fit me properly!

Oh and I will be using it for all sorts, from everyday pub wear to alpine routes to scottish winter belays etc.

Cheers

Simon

Sam Warby 27 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

I'm a similar build to you, Rab and Patagonia jackets tend to fit me well.
 angry pirate 27 Oct 2013
In reply to Sam Warby:
> (In reply to maybe_si)
>
> I'm a similar build to you, Rab and Patagonia jackets tend to fit me well.

+1. My rab alpine generator has lovely long sleeves.
 BnB 27 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si: The new Rab Strata is in a climber's cut, ie slim with long arms. It happens to be a lot more versatile than the competition too, on account of its breathability (Polartec Alpha insulation). Recommended. I have one.
 iksander 27 Oct 2013
In reply to angry pirate: what he said

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...