UKC

Ski season

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tc7118 28 Oct 2013
I want to do a season next winter but not sure where to go. Ideally somewhere i can climb as well as ski. Does anyone have any recommendations? Preferably in Europe.
Kanobi 28 Oct 2013
Depends a bit on ability and what / how hard you want to ski (as well as climb).

If you want normal piste and apres ski then just stick a pin in a map of the Alps and go to any large resort.

If you want touring and backcountry freeride with some good lift accessed stuff then it takes a bit more thought.

I wanted to avoid Chamonix when I did my season so went for La Grave instead. Totally blew me away. And the climbing is awesome for ice and mountaineering. So much quieter and more friendly than Cham, it's a totally different experience. Here's my blog about it: http://onefootinlagrave.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/north-face-la-meije-la-gra...

There's places like Engelberg which I know from others is good. Or if you want somewhere in between then resorts like Val D'Isere are good for offpiste. Or Verbier though I'm not convinced (but admit I have never been there!)

OP tc7118 02 Nov 2013
In reply to Kanobi: Thanks for the response. Ive climbed in both cham and La Grave and both are awesome!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...