UKC

Shoe problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tehmarks 29 Oct 2013
The time has come to replace my old shoes - a pair of Sportiva Mythos - as they're getting a bit round for my liking, and it would seem they've started giving me numb feet somehow. Went into a shop in town, tried a load of shoes on, and noticed a huge problem: everything I tried on absolutely murdered the knuckles of my big toes in an otherwise good size, and the size up was too big/roomy/sloppy around the edges.

The Anasazi Verdes, Anasazi VCS and Evolv Bandits were all an otherwise really good fit, whereas everything else in stock was a bit wide for my foot. I didn't have a problem with the VCS, but felt there was a lot of dead space in the toes, and they really weren't inspiring when standing on small holds.

Is there a solution? I eventually came away with a pair of Verdes in the hope that they'll break in being worn around the house, or I can return them if they're absolutely unbearable. It just seems that every shoe which otherwise fits me has this problem!
 jalien 29 Oct 2013
In reply to tehmarks: try the la sportiva miura vs (the velcro ones) - the downturned toe seems to give a bit more room for the big toe.
 humptydumpty 29 Oct 2013
In reply to tehmarks:

Resole the old shoes?
OP tehmarks 29 Oct 2013
In reply to humptydumpty:

I'm not keen on the Mythos, looking for something stiffer. Going to keep them for wall use though so I don't trash my new shoes on plastic.
OP tehmarks 29 Oct 2013
In reply to tehmarks:

The Verdes are officially going back, and I think I've found part of the problem. The right one is actually pretty ok, but the left one is excruciating - I can't even walk in them. My left foot is slightly bigger than the right, which is clearly going to cause some problems.

I've been recommended to try the Blancos by a friend, being stiffer and thus more possible to 'get away' with a slightly looser fit in the toes. Will also take a look at the Miuras. Any more recommendations?
OP tehmarks 02 Nov 2013
In reply to tehmarks:

Problem solved - Miura laceups are a vast improvement. Thanks all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...