UKC

Is Norrona kit any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 29 Oct 2013

As the title says really? Has anyone used Norrona kit? It seems pretty good but is rather on the expensive side, any opinions?

Cheers

Simon
 wbo 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si: I have some. Some is really good, some is average. And it's all very pricey.
 smac 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si: It is really nice kit, with good quality materials, and style which you'd expect at the price. Beware of the sizing if plan to buy via the internet, everything is enormous! I am med/large in most things but would use a small Norrona. And even that is not consistent.
 GarethSL 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si: On par with ME, Rab, MHW, Marmot... actually probably not even that good.

It's very expensive and comes with; relatively poor quality of construction, unsophisticated and overly complex patterning, feels pretty tacky and their product designs are relatively monotonous.

Otherwise nice colours, pretty logo and most designs come with a slim fit.

Norrøna are one of those brands with stuff that look nice, but there is always something wrong, they never seem get it quite right. This is just my personal opinion. The indigene LOVE the stuff and for some reason really rate it, but then they will rate anything that is expensive. A few years ago I used to have a Falketind jacket, and whilst the slim fit was nice, the hood design was diabolical and the overall articulation dismal, nothing has changed on that product.

As you can tell, I really don't like the stuff, but only cause they marked themselves as being super high end and technical. Which they are most certainly not.
 GarethSL 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si: but they do nice hats!
 wbo 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si: OK, more detail I would say my softshell jacket is a good fit, and the softshell trousers are good and no pricier than an equivalent. Quality is fine on those items, equivalent to anything else.

Their primaloft stuff, down and goretex are comedy money and so I have no direct experience, but that's true for a lot of equivalents from Rab, Marmoet et al....
OP maybe_si 29 Oct 2013
In reply to wbo:

It's the Primaloft jacket that I'm interested in, the slim fit and long arms are the main selling points, has anyone used one?
 london_huddy 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

I got one of their jackets cheap last year for skiing and really like the fit and features but whether I'll get 12 years out of it as I have my old Arc'Teryx is yet to be seen.

Silly money if you're not careful.
 dek 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si:
> (In reply to wbo)
>
> It's the Primaloft jacket that I'm interested in, the slim fit and long arms are the main selling points, has anyone used one?

That sounds absolutely like a Rab alpine generator... Have you checked them out?
 LucaC 29 Oct 2013
In reply to dek: All the Norrona gear I've tried feels like it was cut for Thor. Clearly I don't have a Scandinavian physique.
 davy_boy 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si: have a pair of softshell trousers the Svalbard flex model cant fault them in any way and always the first pair I go for compared with my mhw and mammut trousers. even fit over ski boots which is a massive bonus for me.
 Jack_Lewin 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si:
I've got quite a bit of norrona gear, can't find another brand that's fits me as well, the colours are awesome, customer service has been great, a five year warranty on their gear can't be beaten!

It's expensive but for me the quality, fit, style and functionality have always been worth it.
Donnie 29 Oct 2013
In reply to GrendeI:
> (In reply to maybe_si) On par with ME, Rab, MHW, Marmot... actually probably not even that good.

How do you rate ME, Rab etc.? (I've always understood they're as good as anything... but haven't really tried anything else.)

shaun stephens 29 Oct 2013
In reply to maybe_si: Ive used Norrona since 2005 when i got the chance to test some. Personally I think that their jackets have the best cut of any technical jacket ive worn.
 Merlin 01 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

I have a softshell (bought for RRP in Norway which works out as comparable to tops brands in the UK).

Nice cut, nothing overly flashy about the design, but much sexier (in the Euro colour sense) than Rab or ME which are usually as dull as dishwater.

In terms of build quality, it certainly better than Rab, but then that's not exactly difficult, but noway near Arc'teryx standard.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...