UKC

OI NEWS: Kendal Mountain Festival 2013 - Film Preview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 30 Oct 2013
KMF Film Preview item montage, 3 kbTo whet your appetite for the Kendal Mountain festival, we have put together a set of trailers of some of the stunning films that are being shown this year.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5890
 Red Rover 30 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

That looks amazing! If you miss the festival can you buy the films? The Last Great Climb and the french circus one look brilliant.
In reply to Red Rover:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> That looks amazing! If you miss the festival can you buy the films? The Last Great Climb and the french circus one look brilliant.

I am pretty sure most will be either freely available, or for sale as DVDs and streaming video at some stage, but it is on a film by film basis and they all do it differently.

Best of Kendal is a film tour which you can see at various places around the country and the rest of the World, although the list isn't complete yet and there are only 2 current UK dates.
http://www.mountainfest.co.uk/bestofkendalfilmtour

Alan
Tom Knowles 30 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

In the first video (the official trailer), does anyone know what route the climber in yellow is on at 50 secs? Looks very familiar, was thinking SCnL in Glen Coe but can't quite match the background. Was also wondering if the footage was taken from the Hot Aches film, Distilled, which I'd be keen to see?
Tom Knowles 30 Oct 2013
In reply to Tom Knowles:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> In the first video (the official trailer), does anyone know what route the climber in yellow is on at 50 secs? Looks very familiar, was thinking SCnL in Glen Coe but can't quite match the background. Was also wondering if the footage was taken from the Hot Aches film, Distilled, which I'd be keen to see?

Have discovered the climber in question is Andy Cave (from the aforementioned Distilled) but no closer to knowing what route he's on.

diff 01 Nov 2013
In reply to Tom Knowles:
Andy is climbing Crest Route:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=7902
Diff
Tom Knowles 02 Nov 2013
In reply to diff:

Thanks Paul, I figured it was and when I googled it I saw the stills on your twitter and facebook pages. The footage of Andy on Stand and Deliver looks great btw, and I like that you seem to have captured the broad spectrum of routes and conditions that we have here in Scotland. It might have been more enjoyable to have filmed day after day under blue skies but it wouldn't have been a true picture of a Scottish winter! I think a lot of people will really enjoy this film. Cheers!
 CW Mickey 02 Nov 2013
In reply to Red Rover: The french circus one is Petit Bus Rouge, a quick google brings up the site where you can buy it.
I'm psyched to see the Tim Carruthers film, what a legend!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...