UKC

Loudon Hill Topo ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nathan Adam 30 Oct 2013
Has anyone got a topo for The Amphitheatre area ?

Cheers !
 Mark Bull 30 Oct 2013
In reply to Nath93:

There's one in the SMC Lowland Outcrops guidebook: I doubt if you will find one anywhere else!
OP Nathan Adam 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Mark Bull: Yeah, its a drawn one though and not particularly good. Even just a picture of that area to use with the Lowland Outcrops book.
 ashtond6 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Nath93:

Hi Nath,

I used the Edge as a point of reference then just worked left or right based on the listings in the UKC logbook

I found everything quite easily this way
 Jamie B 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Nath93:

> Yeah, its a drawn one though and not particularly good.

Have you actually tried using it or do you just object to line-drawings in principle? Like others I had no problems at all finding the routes.
In reply to ashtond6: Thanks for the info mate !
In reply to Jamie B: Never been to the crag so can't comment, just on looking at the guidebook. And yes, i'm not a big fan of line drawn topos. In my mind, it would be much easier for a photograph to be taken and edited to show where the routes are. I was planning a visit to Loudon Hill on a trip home this weekend but the weather looks like its going to crap out so it'll be a no go most likely.

Thanks for the replies.
 Jamie B 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Nath93:

Colour photo-topos are defo the way forward, but with ten-year old guides and minor crags you gotta work with what you've got. Unless Mr Latter fancies doing Scottish Rock volume 3?
 Calder 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Nath93:
> (In reply to Jamie B) ... And yes, i'm not a big fan of line drawn topos. In my mind, it would be much easier for a photograph to be taken and edited to show where the routes are...

How on earth do you cope at crags with no topo?

Michael Gordon 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Nath93:

A combination of the existing topo and reading the descriptions should see you right.
In reply to Calder: I go in with an open mind and climb what looks good. But if a crag has a topo and is well developed then why would i not use it ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...