UKC

Warm trousers / bib tights?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pids 31 Oct 2013
Now that the days are getting shorter, wetter and colder what do roadies wear on their legs?

So far I've been happy just wearing my mtb shorts and coping with the abuse I get from roadie pals, but what trousers/bibs should I be looking for to cope with the vagaries of Scottish winter?

Specific types/brands looked for, to avoid and recommendations - there seems to be a lot of choice out there
 Loughan 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Pids: Support Scotland, Endura! I use their tights for cycling and running, it's great stuff.
Alternatively I've found wiggle's DHB good+cheap but you may need shorts underneath for padding.
 nniff 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Pids:

My ususal summer shorts with Decathlon 'powerstretch' type running legs. Same as powerstretch but tighter elastic in them. Last for years. Good for cold and warm when wet. I wear them ice climbing too
 climbingpixie 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Pids:

I have dhb roubaix bib tights and they're pretty toasty for winter riding. However I have been known to just stick my powerstretch tights on over a pair of normal shorts and that also does the trick - better in some ways as a winter wee stop when I'm wearing my bib tights can be a fairly cold and protracted process!
 sleavesley 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Pids: another vote for DHB, I have the roubaix mentioned and the roubaix zero which are better in that they have in built wind protection.
I have ordered the new Morvelo thermo active 3/4 for spring and autumn riding where the temp is above 5C ish though.
Morvelo use the same factory as Rapha and are less than half the price.
dunirie 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Pids:watch out for lidl and aldi winter cycling gear there troos do the job for me
 TobyA 31 Oct 2013
In reply to sleavesley:
> and the roubaix zero which are better in that they have in built wind protection.

I got sent a pair of them to review last winter - http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.fi/2012/12/dhb-vaeon-zero-padded-bib-tigh... I rather like them too. Was wearing them to day for some chilly mountain biking.
 cousin nick 01 Nov 2013
In reply to Pids:
Another vote for Aldi/Lidl 'winter tights'.
I also have a pair of Lusso max-repel bib-longs for when things get really nasty.

N
 Kieran_John 01 Nov 2013
In reply to Pids:

If you can find the damn things in Aldi. Got in there on the day they went on sale and they'd already gone! Grabbed a fair few bits of kit though, all good quality.
 lynda 01 Nov 2013
In reply to Pids: I use decathlon bib tights. They are plenty warm enough

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...