UKC

Android help please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fraser 31 Oct 2013
I'm having to return my Samsung S3 to Virgin for repair work but there are a couple of things I'd rather do before sending it back but struggling to find out how to do them. As ever, I'm therefore turning to the huge wisdom of UKC

Issue 1:
How do I remove my g-mail account from the phone?

Issue 2:
How do I remove the pattern lock? (the tech guy at the Virgin help-desk advised that this wasn't a problem if returning it, but I'd like to know how to do it anyway.)

The phone had a 'factory reset' done last night so there's nothing else on it, but I would like to do these two things. Can anyone help please?
 sdawson1 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Fraser: I believe the 'Factory Re-Set' should remove all information from the phone and return it to how it was when you first received it.
OP Fraser 31 Oct 2013
In reply to sdawson1:

Yes, it did, but stupidly expecting the help desk to have resolved the issue after the reset, I have subsequently re-added my gmail account and lock screen pattern. The original troubles have reappeared and I'm now having to send the phone in for repair or replacement so I'd like to remove again without going through a full factory reset, as I can't quite remember the full sequence and don't want to exacerbate an already bad situation by sending in a 'semi reset' phone.
FiendishMcButton 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Fraser: This is for 4.1.2 Jellybean

Settings > Lock screen > change the setting back to swipe
Settings > Tap your gmail account > Tap remove
OP Fraser 31 Oct 2013
In reply to FiendishMcButton:
> (In reply to Fraser) This is for 4.1.2 Jellybean
>
> Settings > Lock screen > change the setting back to swipe

Thanks, but just tried this and all it seems to do is add the swipe lock first, before going into the pattern lock. Any other suggestions or did I miss a trick somewhere?

> Settings > Tap your gmail account > Tap remove

This seems to have worked although when I go to the Gmail icon on home page, I can still see a link to my Gmail inbox, but there's nothing I can do with it, so I'm happy enough to leave it at that.

Thanks very much. The important one was the Gmail account.

OP Fraser 31 Oct 2013

Ah, just figured it out: you need to go in and CONFIRM PATTERN first, then you get taken through into the 'set lock' options, where you can set it to whichever one you want.

Thanks again.
In reply to Fraser:

Try selecting none on screen lock.
Go into setting > applications manager > clear cache and clear data on on Gmail
OP Fraser 31 Oct 2013

Brilliant, that's done it! Thanks again.
In reply to Fraser:

You're welcome

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...