UKC

Offshore safety boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bluesix 01 Nov 2013
Is there anyone out there in the offshore industry who can recommend a safety boot, preferably lace up with an SRC rated sole, the De-Walt laser boots we are currently using are lethal on a wet deck and start to fall to bits after six months.
 Jesus 01 Nov 2013
In reply to bluesix: Aboutblu Ranger, I've been using these the last couple of years. Best boots I've had working offshore.
 dan wisey 01 Nov 2013
In reply to bluesix: Sievi boots seem to be alright in my opinion, hard wearing and haven't given me any problems, although they are expensive.
TOS 01 Nov 2013
In reply to Jesus:

I always assumed sandals were your footwear of choice(?)

In reply to bluesix:

Another vote for Sievi boots from me; apart from not feeling like Coco the Clown comedy boots on your feet (as a lot of lace-ups do), they also have a handy side zip for getting them on and off.
I've had mine for years and they're still going strong.
I got mine off an offshore BP storeman, so they should be up to a reasonable spec.

The RigPig 01 Nov 2013
In reply to bluesix:

Yep I've had aboutblu and sievi's. both are cracking boots.
 mudmonkey 01 Nov 2013
In reply to bluesix:
> Is there anyone out there in the offshore industry who can recommend a safety boot, preferably lace up with an SRC rated sole, the De-Walt laser boots we are currently using are lethal on a wet deck and start to fall to bits after six months.

I have used the Sievi boots for years as do maybe 80% of people offshore these days and get on really well with them. You lace them up when you take them out of the box however tight you want them and then just use the side zippers to get them on and off. Had mine for six years now and I'm sure they will last another six!

The nicest boots out there are Redwings but who can be bothered with the laces!
 mudmonkey 01 Nov 2013
In reply to bluesix: If you order Sievis online then I would go down at leat half a size.
OP bluesix 01 Nov 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5:

thanks very much for the recomendations I will try and track down some Sievis
 muppetfilter 01 Nov 2013
In reply to bluesix: Why aren't your employing company supplying you with boots ???
Have a look on ebay as lots of people get issued a new pair every trip and they simply flog their excess pairs online to fund their Drug/hooker habits ;0)
OP bluesix 01 Nov 2013
In reply to muppetfilter:

they do provide boots unfortunately the quality is not great so I'll buy my own and then claim the money back next trip.

madguernseyboy 02 Nov 2013
In reply to bluesix:

I work for an Oil Major and they provide us with these

http://www.bocsafetyproducts.co.uk/main/products/index.aspx?ProductID=1566

They are good. not to hot in the tropics and warm enough for uk winter.
Pain to put on as they are fully laced but that gives you the ankle support/protection.

hope this helps.
Brendan
OP bluesix 02 Nov 2013
In reply to madguernseyboy:

thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...