UKC

Cafe suitable for a business meeting - central Glasgow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kathrync 01 Nov 2013
Looking for inspiration here...

Next Wednesday, I am trying to get together with some colleagues for a meeting. They are all coming from out of town to attend a conference at the University of Strathclyde in the afternoon, so I am looking for a cafe where we can meet in the morning. Preferably close to Strathclyde uni and Queen Street station, quiet enough to talk in and where we aren't likely to have to fight for space for 5 people but still with decent coffee/snacks.

Any recommendations? I don't hang out in that part of town much...
 Brownie 01 Nov 2013
In reply to kathrync: Short walk at top of Buchanan St. - Royal Concert Hall cafe - loads of quiet space available and won't mind you having a meeting - run by council, free wifi too. Nice cake and light meals
B
andymac 01 Nov 2013
In reply to kathrync:

Or if you are feeling wealthy ,you could grab one of the wings of the John Lewis cafe.

3rd floor .Buchanan Galleries.

Doesn't get busy until about 12
andymac 01 Nov 2013
In reply to kathrync:

Better idea.

Lounge t in the foyer of the Millenium Hotel.(beside Queen St

If I remember right ,open to non residents
 wintertree 01 Nov 2013
In reply to kathrync:

There's "Joanna Goodbite" east of the station on George Street and just down the hill from most of the Strathclyde buildings. If you're a connoisseur of little greasy spoon cafe's it's great, and I think they do sandwiches and healthy stuff in jackets as well. You'll certainly not break the bank going there!

This would also be an opportune moment to mourn the passing of Roland Butter next door.
 dek 01 Nov 2013
In reply to kathrync:
Had superb coffee and snacks at Fratelli Sarti, in Bath Street. Great friendly, little Italian restaurant, good place for a meeting. Just a stroll from Queen st station too

https://m.facebook.com/fratellisarti?id=50878428298&_rdr
 Fraser 02 Nov 2013
In reply to Brownie:
> (In reply to kathrync) Short walk at top of Buchanan St. - Royal Concert Hall cafe -

I was thinking of suggesting this one too, then wondered about the cafe in the basement of the Museum of Modern Art on Queen Street, just off George Sq. From memory the coffee was fine but can't remember the snack quality. Also there are probably a few decent places in the Merchant City, only a few minutes away by foot. Is there a cafe in the old Sheriff Court building?
OP kathrync 02 Nov 2013
In reply to all:

Brilliant, thanks for the suggestions everyone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...