UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Alexander Megos climbs Wheelchair, ~9a+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Nov 2013
Alexander Megos making the FA of Wheelchair, ~9a+, Hollow Mountain Cave, Grampians, Australia, 4 kbThis is the uncut video of Alexander Megos making the first ascent of Wheelchair in the Hollow Mountain Cave, probably the most difficult climb on the continent.
Alex told Vertical Life mag the following about the boulder route:

'Wheelchair' (9a+/36) starts as for the WOL [Wheel of life], but...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68474
 Alex Thompson 02 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News: Cruised it! But what does he mean about no rest? Doesn't that knee bar he had going for a few seconds count? :-/
 treesrockice 02 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News: 9a+ and you can stop to adjust your shoe!?
 Morgan Woods 02 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News:

that stupid mobile phone techno at the crag give me the sh*ts.
 Guy Atkinson 03 Nov 2013
In reply to Morgan Woods:
That's not Techno... just because it's electronic music doesn't mean it's called Techno... it would be a really nice video if it wasn't for the stupid bro/trap/step/r&b/crunk whatever it is in the background... Australia's music taste is still terrible i guess.
 Kemics 03 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I was thinking it looked relatively easy (i'm sure it's not!) ....but then that crux sequence at 3mins till the finish made my eye balls bleed!
In reply to UKC News: Might be wrong but it looked like there was more climbing out left after he finished - could be extended?
 Alejandro S 06 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News: Looked way harder than TWOL. Sick crux sequence. I think his comment about having no rest relates to the rest near the end of TWOL, prior to the final crux (which is not part of the Wheelchair route). The rest he uses at the start is communal to both Wheelchair and TWOL and doesn't help much with the sustained climbing directly into that brutal crux sequence at the end.
 steve taylor 06 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News:

That's ridiculous

:
:
:
:

how easy he made that look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...