UKC

England's Dreaming - Blacknor North

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyman666999 03 Nov 2013
RE: England's Dreaming

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=557812

Have been wanting to send this route for a while but it has come to my attention that there is a potentially large block loose at the top of this route. See Linked previous Topic as the reported block was reported as approximately 5 cubic metres.

I am just wanting to gain a little more info, to see if this route is safe to attempt ?

Thanks
Andrew
 Rob Kennard 03 Nov 2013
In reply to andyman666999: My advice is do Cake Walk and lower-off and then make your own mind up(both routes share a belay). I know that the crack on the tufa has opened up by about 10mm, and the rock below is very hollow. Fortunately the bolts appear to be in solid rock...but I plan to lever off the top section when I get time,
Stay safe, Rob
OP andyman666999 07 Nov 2013
In reply to Rob Kennard:
Cheers for the reply and the update. If I end up at black or north will have a look. Am sure it will retain its classic status even if it loses the tufa section.
Cheers
Andy
 Michael Chan 21 Nov 2013
In reply to andyman666999: Has the block been sorted yet? I have a friend who wants to give it a go this weekend. I also need to have another go, having failed the onsight last time.

Cheers

Michael

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...