UKC

STOLEN

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shaun stephens 03 Nov 2013
Hi guys wee have just had all 6 of the following stolen from colden near hebden bridge if anyone hears of anything please give me a call or ring the police quoting log number 466. Bikes are ; ColnagoCLX3.0 road bike in white with fizik saddle ultegra groupset, Lapierre Zesty 314 with rockshox sector front forks, Scott scale 30 carbon in blue, Pricipia road bike anodized grey with 105 groupset, Marin alp trail grey with shimano discset,shimano mt15 white wheels and a cannondale road bike in blue with dur ace leavers ultegra crankset and cassette, 105 rea mech and shimano 6700 wheels. Any help gratefully recievd please pass on. Thanks shaun & Rhiannon
 ChrisJD 03 Nov 2013
In reply to shaun stephens:

Really sorry to hear about this.

Maybe post here as well:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ride.Sheffield1/?fref=ts
 sleavesley 03 Nov 2013
In reply to shaun stephens: That sucks - hope you get them back and the testicles (assuming they are male) in a pickling jar of the offender/s.
Must have been targeted for that many bikes to go in one go as well.

Good advice here
http://www.bikeshepherd.org/stolen-bike-recovery.html

Also useful is

https://www.immobilise.com/index.php

And

http://www.findthatbike.co.uk/
In reply to shaun stephens: you spent a lotta dosh there mate. how much did you spend on security? 10%? 20%? Go on, be honest...................
 Tall Clare 03 Nov 2013
In reply to unclesamsauntibess:

Not sure that post is going to make him feel better at this very moment...

The thread has prompted me to have a chat with Mr TC about insurance/security arrangements for the contents of our garage - as he points out, whilst the garage is secure, and we have insurance, if people really want the bikes they'll come with cutting gear and other tools.

In reply to shaun stephens: Don't underestimate the power of social media in helping recover stolen goods. my mate had his bike successfully returned to him after he shared a picture of the bike via Facebook and asked for it to be shared by everyone who knew him.
In reply to ChrisJD: Cheers chris will do that.

Shaun
In reply to unclesamsauntibess: they were chained into concrete with high tensile chain 2 bikes to each chain, Dlocked behind a solid wood door with 5 finger lock in a stone building. They took all 6 bikes still attached to the chains ,D lock and the concrtete, So thanks for you helpfull comment but I couldnt have done any more save for wiring them to the main. Try thinking before you write next time.
 Run_Ross_Run 03 Nov 2013
Does your insurance cover these bikes too. Hope it does.
Feel gutted for u and nothing but a very strong dislike (midly put) for the w#nkers that did it.
 woolsack 03 Nov 2013
> (In reply to shaun stephens) you spent a lotta dosh there mate. how much did you spend on security? 10%? 20%? Go on, be honest...................

Thought some know it all a*se would pop up. Doesn't matter how much you spend, if they want them they get them. Doesn't matter if it is cars or bikes these days
 Tall Clare 03 Nov 2013

Just to let you know that it's just appeared on my Facebook up here in Skipton, so word will be spreading round Dales cycling folk.
 ebygomm 03 Nov 2013

Have you posted on singletrackworld too?
 The Potato 03 Nov 2013
In reply to shaun stephens: Ive not lost a bike yet but have had saddle, wheel, mudguards etc etc stolen. I just wish we could shoot the scum, make the world a better place.
I really do empathise with you all on this.
 tlm 03 Nov 2013

You might find some of these useful:

Stolen Bike Register ( http://stolen-bikes.co.uk ) - Allows cyclists who have had their bike stolen to report it online, we also offer advice and guidance to maximize the chances of recovering a stolen bike.
Find That Bike ( http://www.findthatbike.co.uk ) - Combines used bike adverts from sites like eBay, Gumtree and PreLoved to put them all into one easy to search gallery, easy to setup email alerts will let you know if someone tries to sell your stolen bike.
Check That Bike ( http://www.checkthatbike.co.uk ) – Allows people interested in buying a used bike to enter a frame number and find out if it’s been marked as stolen on the three largest bike registers in the UK.
In reply to Tall Clare: Cheers claire please share.

shaun
Removed User 03 Nov 2013

I can only imagine how utterly gutted you must feel right now. With such a clearly targeted and coordinated theft it would make sense that these were stolen to order or with a clear market in mind. Is there any concensus where this might be. I know that when I had motorbikes this was a real problem and most stolen bikes went to the continent.
In reply to shaun stephens: Bump
 didntcomelast 03 Nov 2013

Very sorry to hear of the theft. I would keep tabs on Gumtree for the next few weeks, often bikes are stolen to sell on and a check on that site focusing on the surrounding large towns/cities may bring results.
 LastBoyScout 03 Nov 2013
In reply to didntcomelast:
> (In reply to shaun stephens)
>
> Very sorry to hear of the theft. I would keep tabs on Gumtree for the next few weeks, often bikes are stolen to sell on and a check on that site focusing on the surrounding large towns/cities may bring results.

From experience of a friend's garage being raided, the bikes are stolen by organised gangs and apparently end up on containers to Europe and beyond - you're unlikely to find them advertised in the UK.

Feel for you - it's devastating.

Word of warning, though - 3 months after the first theft, the thieves came back for the insurance replacements...
 Enty 04 Nov 2013

You really do have problems don't you?

E
 wilkesley 04 Nov 2013
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Have you thought of getting a couple of mini GPS trackers for he replacement bikes. You can get ones that recharge via usb that you could hide inside a lamp attached to the bike. If you discover the theft fairly soon after it happened the chances are the lamp will still be attached to the bike and you can call in a drone to vaporize the thieves.

They cost £20 upwards depending on spec. and size.
 wilkesley 04 Nov 2013
In reply to wilkesley:

Just to add to my last comment here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Global-Tracker-GPRS-connection/dp/B003XDQUQE/r... is one that costs approx £22 and looks as though it would work OK. Automatically sends you SMS with its position if it moves out of a specified zone.
 MHutch 04 Nov 2013

Definitely post something on the singletrackworld forum, with pics of the bikes if you have them. Lot of riders in Hebden and surrounding areas post there.

Ignore the troll BTW, pretty much par for the course from that one.
In reply to MHutch: Cheers for the advice, just waiting to be able to post on the forum. Hope fully its people like you that we will be able to get the bikes back. Thanks again Shaun
 Bloodfire 04 Nov 2013
In reply to shaun stephens: Might be worth browsing your local gumtree if you have 5 minutes as lots of stuff crops up there. The more eyes that can help the better. I know how if feels to lose bikes. Good luck finding them dude, and a sincere curse on the wretches who took them.
 lummox 04 Nov 2013
In reply to shaun stephens: So sorry to hear this. Will put the info on our local cx page. Hope you get some luck.
 lummox 04 Nov 2013
In reply to unclesamsauntibess: What an absolute tool.
 ChrisJD 05 Nov 2013

Have shared your FB Ride Sheffield post with my FB-FoF.
 danm 06 Nov 2013

146 stolen bikes found by police, worth checking - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=568391
 The New NickB 06 Nov 2013
In reply to danm:

To the OP:

The policeman quoted in relation to this find is one of my best mates, I can pass on the list directly if you want.
 sleavesley 06 Nov 2013
In reply to The New NickB: if you have the list I have emailed, but check there is no Kona Five 0 hardtail in the 146 please it would be brown and 16" frame.
 sleavesley 06 Nov 2013
In reply to sleavesley: by emailed I mean Rochdale direct
In reply to The New NickB: Cheers nick that would be awesome i think my girlfriend might have done this but pass the list on just in case. Thanks again

Shaun
 HardenClimber 06 Nov 2013
In reply to Tall Clare: Just to encourage you.
Have a friend just down the road...
Came home one day to find some vandal (so he thought) had put glue in his garage door lock.
He needed to get in so forced the lock (quite easy - a normal garage door) and didn't think any more, beyond planning to fix it in daylight. That night had two new bikes (chained (hardened) to d-ring in concrete floor) stolen. What really spooked him was the thought that this wasn't just 'random'.
In reply to shaun stephens: Bump sorry to be a pain but just wishing o keep this resh for a while. Thanks guys. xx

> Hi guys wee have just had all 6 of the following stolen from colden near hebden bridge if anyone hears of anything please give me a call or ring the police quoting log number 466. Bikes are ; ColnagoCLX3.0 road bike in white with fizik saddle ultegra groupset, Lapierre Zesty 314 with rockshox sector front forks, Scott scale 30 carbon in blue, Pricipia road bike anodized grey with 105 groupset, Marin alp trail grey with shimano discset,shimano mt15 white wheels and a cannondale road bike in blue with dur ace leavers ultegra crankset and cassette, 105 rea mech and shimano 6700 wheels. Any help gratefully recievd please pass on. Thanks shaun & Rhiannon

Sorry to be a pest but we still havent got these back and we are hoping that they may show up sometime round xmas . Thanks for looking if found their will be a very happy lady in this house.

Cheers shaun

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...