UKC

Keen boots, any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 apana790 04 Nov 2013
Hi,

Has anyone got any experience with Keen boots? I'm looking for a new pair of hiking boots for my fiance and we came upon some Keen Gypsium boots. They have some really good reviews but I'm skeptical about their durability. Her old pair were Scarpa Deltas but she didn't find them comfortable on longer hikes. That might have been down to them being poorly fitted though.

Also what are the keen soles like? All the hiking and winter climbing boots I've ever owned had Vibram soles so I don't know how good other brands are regarding durability and grip. She'll mainly use the boots for hiking all year round on moderate trails.

If you have any recommendations for durable and comfy boots we'll be glad to hear them! If the boots look cute then that's also a bonus
 martinph78 04 Nov 2013
In reply to apana790: I guess it doesn't matter how durable the boots are if they don't fit right. Recommending a durable boot - the Delta's are a good choice (as might be the Keen's), but as she has found, they need to fit right. Whhat is it that she is finding uncomfortable? Tightness, blisters, tiredness, pressure points? It would be worth looking at that before looking for new boots.

I'd also recommend taking them into a Cotswold store and getting a proper boot fitting. They'll do it on her Delta's, to check the fit for her, and can maybe correct what is wrong with them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...