UKC

Looking for photos of Central Grooves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 euanryan 04 Nov 2013
Looking for some photos of Central Grooves on Stob Coire nan Lochan to use in a film I'm working on. I can't pay any royalties I'm afraid but any contribution will be fully credited!

Thanks in advance!

Euan
Tom Knowles 04 Nov 2013
In reply to euanryan:

Sorry Euan, I wouldn't normally comment on something like this but I think it's wrong to ask for images of a route (and no doubt you're looking for good images) while also stating that you can't afford to pay for them. If you're going to make a film (an indulgence), you should budget for contributions, even if the film is more a pet project than a commercial venture. Some photographers may be happy with giving you images foc but the offer of payment should still be there. It'd be interesting to know what others think about this.
OP euanryan 04 Nov 2013
In reply to Tom Knowles: Thanks Tom, I know it's a big ask and I didn't really expect an over whelming response. I have absolutely no money to budget for, and maybe this request is a bit pie in the sky...
OP euanryan 04 Nov 2013
In reply to euanryan: In light of Tom's reply, I'll try and offer payment for any images, name your price and I'll see what I can do!
 Milesy 04 Nov 2013
In reply to Tom Knowles:
> Sorry Euan, I wouldn't normally comment on something like this but I think it's wrong to ask for images of a route

So you think that going to an effort to at least ask for someone to let him use photos is wrong compared to the number of people who just hoover up images from google image or flickr and use them?
 Milesy 04 Nov 2013
I have had a look through my blog and nothing with anyone actually on the route but have I have at least 1 where you can at least see the route itself you are free to use. I will see if I kept higher resolution on my machine at home.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YAlaVK7yQiw/TychpCed6dI/AAAAAAAAD-I/t3Y2q-tI5HU/s...

Michael Gordon 04 Nov 2013
In reply to Tom Knowles:
> (In reply to euanryan)
>
> It'd be interesting to know what others think about this.

Depends if there is the possibility to make any money from it
 JamesRoddie 05 Nov 2013
 DaveHK 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Michael Gordon:
> (In reply to Tom Knowles)
> [...]
>
> Depends if there is the possibility to make any money from it

Thats the key point. If its a commercial project (even potentially) then no you can't have my photos for free. Not everyone sees it that way though.

I have several pics of varying quality. If you can let us know a exactly what you're planning then I'd be more likely to let you have them.
 Jamie B 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Milesy:

Primo conditions there, looks like a que on Unicorn!
 Milesy 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

Yeah it was the time of the BMC scottish winter meet. There was some hard climbers in the coire that day.
 Andy Nisbet 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Milesy:

Hope you did keep a high resolution picture. That's a great shot.
OP euanryan 05 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveHK: I guess I won't be making any money from the film, but just trying to establish myself in the industry.

As said before, if it makes anyone feel better, I can offer a small fee for photos. Aside from that, all I can offer is the relatively large exposure (or at least so I hope...)
 Simon Yearsley 05 Nov 2013
In reply to euanryan: Yes, I've got a couple of good crag shots with blue skies and white buttresses (as always!!), one with route lines marked, one without. How do I attached to this message as a photo?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...