UKC

iphone 'no service' issue help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
robatkinson 04 Nov 2013
Hi,

OK so here it is.

I was given a iphone 4 on vodafone that was out of contact, issue was the screen was goosed.

before i got the screen fitted i wanted to check i could unlock it, i maybe misguidedly discovered various online guides about jailbreaking it and then unlocking it that way, i did that no luck, later found out that it didnt work on my exact model.

Anyway i sent away to vodafone and asked them to unlock it, they did. i replaced the screen myself which went perfectly.

Once the confirmation from Vodafone came through i hooked it up to itunes and restored it with original sim card. woohoo message pops up that says you have successfully unlocked you iphone.

i changed over sim cards (i had to trim it down to fit in but the iphone recognised the sim so i though great). NO SERVICE, i try every trick in the book,trawl forums for help no luck.

so i contact m y service provider, orange and ask for they help, they run through every option and eventually just send me out a new sim card. plug that in and NO SERVICE. i leave it 24 hours and swith the new sim into my old phone, low and behold a rush of voicemails etc.

im stuck! dont know what to do,

to date i have restored it numerous times each time its says i was succesful with unlocking

i have reset network settings a hundred times and restarted a hundred times.

int he end i rang a man from a iphone fixing company and he said im essentially screwed!

I am hopeing ukc's collective brain power will help me

cheers

rob
robatkinson 04 Nov 2013
In reply to robatkinson: just realised that was a bit of an essay.
 wintertree 04 Nov 2013
In reply to robatkinson:

Mine has been through the wars - falls, slides along the road sliding out of a pocket on a bike, gone swimming etc.

Sometimes it comes up with "No Service" when other people on the same network have a good connection.

A good swift tap on the sim socket with something hard seems to fix it. Could all be cargo cult repairs, mind you.
robatkinson 04 Nov 2013
In reply to wintertree: hmm, thanks for the tip but i may wait to see if there is any other suggestions before i take a hard object to it. cheers though
 FreshSlate 04 Nov 2013
In reply to robatkinson: Do some troubleshooting. Test the sim in another phone and see if it works.
 wilkie14c 04 Nov 2013
In reply to FreshSlate:
> (In reply to robatkinson) Do some troubleshooting. Test the sim in another phone and see if it works.

Yes deffo. Or get another sim, they are only a quid on PAYG and try that in it
In reply to robatkinson: As the orange sim works in another phone, check the imei number has not been barred.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...