Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Awesome Walls Sheffield

NIGBEE on 04 Nov 2013
Went to the new Sheffield wall over the weekend. Surprised there hasn't been much talk about it on here (unless my search function don't work)

My thoughts

It was cold inside

It was good and well worth a visit

The featured wall is very rough I have "Grit" rash to prove it

The roof is a lot harder and longer than it looks from the floor, did the white route along the left (easiest line) and it was brilliant, heel hooking along in space for a long way, quite a feeling of exposure for an indoor route

I enjoyed the featured walls a lot but wondered why they had no grades on, my best guess on the ones I did from left to right

Left edge layback 6a+
Tufa wall 5+
Cracks on right wall 6a
Rightmost groove 6b+

Anyone got any thoughts on them?

Also enjoyed the auto belays, I was with an odd numbered group of people and they meant one of us could fill in waiting time by popping onto one of them, only down side to them was there was no chance to work a route if you fell off you start heading down!

All in all well worth the trip up for us, nice easy access from the motorway, far better for an out of town visitor to get to than either The Edge or Foundry
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums