UKC

Freeletics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Carter 04 Nov 2013
Just wondered if anyone else used this app? Been using it for a few days, it's quite addictive :-P

For those who don't know what it is, it's not climbing related, just general fitness training. Basically you do work outs and stuff, but it compares you to your friends. So for example when my brother-in-law Piotr beats my push-ups high score it tells me, so I can have a go at reclaiming it :-D
In reply to Richard Carter: Me and my friend Paul had a go at the benchmarking tests and easier workout regimes (strength based) and it made me realise how shockingly bad I am at pressups/pull-ups and unsurprisingly squats. My legs hurt for days!

It's good fun trying to one up each other's scores and gives a bit more motivation to improve general fitness!
In reply to Richard Hession:

Hmmm just looked at your profile picture :-/
I suspect you're better at press-ups/pull-ups than I am!

Half the battle is doing the press-ups the way they show where you go right down then tap your hands. I'd rather just keep going. Also with the pull-ups, I wish there was an option to do it with your hands the other way - palms facing towards you.
Just done Poseidon :-|

When will I get the feeling back in my arms?! LOL
In reply to Richard Carter: I agree the pressups are tricky with the chest to the floor and hands off the floor before each rep. I've only had 1 go on Poseidon so far and found the pull-ups tricky to squeeze out at the end. I need to give it a go using a stationary bar instead of rock rings hanging too low and swinging around, to see if I can lower the time.

Some of the lower body and core workouts fill me with dread! Will probably put them into some form of pre winter training sessions to get ready for the coming pain!
 gg4419 08 Nov 2013
In reply to Richard Carter:
It'd be interesting to see how much benefit this has with a clean diet and low amounts of other cardio. Do you guys do anything else or focus on these and climb?
In reply to gg4419:

Well I do a fair bit of cycling, around 250 miles a week in the summer. But in the winter I usually don't really do very much at all, so I thought I'd do this over winter to try and work on my upper body. I like winter climbing, so just getting myself really for that.
In reply to Richard Carter: I mainly train at the start of the year for a couple of months doing finger boarding, core, pressups..etc and weights for general conditioning/balance then get outdoors once a week whilst bouldering indoors a few times until I start to feel stagnant/weaker or the weather craps out.

Indoors, I try and climb problems of similar length/angle to the projects I have outside and occasionally try and set problems which replicate the moves/holds but still do a couple of sessions just climbing lots of problems on all angles.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...