UKC

Fried Egg Recipe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 04 Nov 2013
Take one egg and carefully break it into a frying pan with the oil not too hot and ensure the yolk does not break. Gently fry so that the egg is cooked but the white is not rubbery and the yolk is still completely runny. Place on plate and carefully cut the white completely away from around the yolk again ensuring that the yolk remains intact. Scoop up the yolk and consune whole. Lovely
Jim C 04 Nov 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:
> Take one egg break it into a frying pan with very hot oil and ensure the yolk breaks and spreads thinly in the pan, fry so that the egg is really well/ slightly over cooked and the white is brown and crispy. Place on bread and consume .
Lovely

thin bob 04 Nov 2013
Huevos rancheros, or cooked in olive oil with garlic shreds o, ultimately: http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Egg_Banjo
 Queenie 04 Nov 2013

Egg-in-the-hole:

Cut a 5cmish round from the centre of the bread.
Melt a bit of butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Fry slice of bread lightly, about 1 minute.
Crack the egg into the hole, cook until underside of bread is golden brown, about 2 mins.
Add more butter as needed to brown and crisp the toast. Flip the egg, cook another 2 minutes for a runny yolk.

Eat with ketchup or brown sauce, salt & pepper. Yumm.

Jim C 04 Nov 2013
In reply to Queenie:
> (In reply to FesteringSore)
>
> Egg-in-the-hole:
>
> Cut a 5cmish round from the centre of the bread.
> Melt a bit of butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
> Fry slice of bread lightly, about 1 minute.
> Crack the egg into the hole, cook until underside of bread is golden brown, about 2 mins.
> Add more butter as needed to brown and crisp the toast. Flip the egg, cook another 2 minutes for a runny yolk.
>
As soon as I get back from the fireworks display, I'm having that !

Lel & Stacey 04 Nov 2013

Take one bell pepper(red, green, orange... your choice)

Slice a cross section so you end up with a sort of miss shaped ring..

Place in frying pan then break egg into middle

cook, serve... looks great
 Sharp 04 Nov 2013
In reply to FesteringSore: The 6 yolker. Break an egg into a bowl, add the yolks of 5 others. Fry.
 Queenie 04 Nov 2013
In reply to Jim C:

Can be tricky...it can end sucking up loads of fat if the pan's not hot enough, or burned if too hot. Hope you master it well
 ripper 04 Nov 2013
In reply to FesteringSore: fried egg with salt & pepper and a dash or two of tabasco habanero sauce. mmmm lovely.
 thin bob 04 Nov 2013
Encona chilli sauce. Tabasco is a little-miss junior training condiment
andic 04 Nov 2013
In China I really got into fried eggs with oyster sauce (with congee) much more appetising than steamed chicken's feet of a hung over morning.
chad halfwit 04 Nov 2013
In reply to FesteringSore: another vote for huevos rancheros with a little sliced chorizo added. what hangover?
Jim C 04 Nov 2013
In reply to Queenie:
> (In reply to Jim C)
>
> Can be tricky...it can end sucking up loads of fat if the pan's not hot enough, or burned if too hot. Hope you master it well

I did a pretty good job, Queenie ( maybe not as good as yours

But ,just in case, I made another one and it was as good as the first.
A really nice warm snack to look forward to after a great fireworks display, and the weather was kind too, nice and cold but dry.

I even got my old mum out with me to enjoy the fireworks tonight, so everything has gone well for a change.
 ripper 04 Nov 2013
In reply to thin bob: encona is nice yeah - tabasco habanero is better than 'normal', and the small bottle means it stays fresher
 Niall_H 04 Nov 2013
In reply to Jim C:
> Lovely

Or: fry egg until slightly darkened underneath; spread houmous over one slice of bread, and add egg on top; add chilli sauce (as mentioned above, Encona for preference) and sprinkle with salt and paprika; top with second slice of bread; eat.
 BMrider 04 Nov 2013

Stoned dude, late at night with the munchies, finds single raw egg broken into a glass in the fridge. Perfect! Fried egg before bed. After 20 mins, it's still not cooked, gives up and falls asleep.
Next morning, in the cold light of day, looks at the fry pan, and there it sits : half an apricot.
 KingStapo 04 Nov 2013

Not a thread to be reading at the end of a fast day!!!!
 ripper 04 Nov 2013
In reply to BMrider: heard mike harding do that one about 30 years ago!
 BMrider 04 Nov 2013
In reply to ripper:
The old ones are the old ones, eh?

Fat Freddies Cat cartoon strip was the source for me, circa 1980?
 ripper 04 Nov 2013
In reply to BMrider: probably where harding got it from
 GrahamD 05 Nov 2013

No need to piss about - you can't beat the classic. Two fried eggs, bacon and toast. HP sauce to taste.
Slugain Howff 05 Nov 2013

Poached - the only way to go!!
 cfer 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Slugain Howff: I agree, on toast with some worcestershire sauce and black pepper
 GrahamD 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Slugain Howff:

"Poached" is hardly a fried egg recipe , though, is it ?
 Hephaestus 05 Nov 2013
In reply to FesteringSore: I'm going with, egg into pan on medium heat, salt and pepper immediately. As the egg becomes coherent, break the yolk, flip the egg and once it's sealed up get it into the butty immediately. The entire thing should be runny on the inside, so you need a fresh egg.
 Tony the Blade 05 Nov 2013
In reply to cfer:
> (In reply to Slugain Howff) I agree, on toast with some Henderson's Relish* and black pepper

FTFY

*where available
 Queenie 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Jim C:
> (In reply to Queenie)
> [...]
>
> I did a pretty good job, Queenie ( maybe not as good as yours
>
> But ,just in case, I made another one and it was as good as the first.
> A really nice warm snack to look forward to after a great fireworks display, and the weather was kind too, nice and cold but dry.
>
> I even got my old mum out with me to enjoy the fireworks tonight, so everything has gone well for a change.

Impressive! Nice one, and bravo for getting mum out too
Fireworks are going off all around now, while border-collie trembles in the cupboard under the stairs.

marsbar 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Queenie: I guess I'm lucky, my daft dog doesn't realise dogs are scared of fireworks!
 Yanis Nayu 05 Nov 2013
In reply to marsbar:
> (In reply to Queenie) I guess I'm lucky, my daft dog doesn't realise dogs are scared of fireworks!

Haha!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...