Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Multifunction printer advice please

ben b - on 05 Nov 2013
Goodness this is dull, but can I ask for advice/experiences please?

We need a multifunction device that will do the following:
~ Multipage fax

~ Scan to pdf/mail, again multipage

~ Bog-standard 'photocopying' of the occasional item in low numbers (i.e scan to print)

~ occasional light, probably B&W printing duties.

This is for a small office / lab environment. We DON'T need photo printing or wireless access, but it will need to be shared on a local wired network. We have separate volume photocopying / printing facilities but just need something handy - the scanner is otherwise up two flights of stairs which helps my fitness but is a little impractical!

Current contract is with Canon but we can go off piste if there is a good alternative. Most of these devices cost a fortune in ink but it would be predominantly used for fax and scan, so strengths must lie here. Has anoyone got any recommendations as to what to go for, or perhaps more pertinently, what not to touch with a long pole?

Thanks in advance and I will try ad think of something more fun for my next question. But what could be more fun than talking about office devices, eh?*

b

*TBH I'd consider an E0 thread as preferable....
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums