ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - North Wales Climbs - some questionable grading?

ianstevens - on 05 Nov 2013
Hopefully this one won't be instantly removed by the mods, and will instead promote some informed debate...

Having had a gander on-line at what's in the new North Wales rockfax, some of the grades given to certain routes seem ridiculous (mostly in the slate). For example:

Looning the Tube - isn't even remotely near an E1 - and its soft for HVS (also as a brief aside, some truly terrible sport routes have been included whilst the arguably-better-than-LTT has been ignored)

Shorty's Dyno - not done this myself, but know many who have - I don't think any of them would give it 6a. It gets 7a both on here and in the slate guide!

Last Tango in Paris - no way an E2. Middle line E1.

Gerbil Abuse - I was lead to believe this was classic 7a territory - although it only gets 6c+.

And I'm sure there are many more - although (as much as I am putting off work bigtime) I don't have the effort to look at them all, or experience to compare to.

So, does this tarnish what looks to be a cracking guide, or am I the only person who cares?
... not showing 52 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums