UKC

How do you find out about running events?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 05 Nov 2013

I have a spare weekend and the weather is looking too wet to climb, so I fancied an off road run.

I've looked at Runners World and can't see anything. Anyone have any searching tips?

Thanks, TtB
In reply to Aly:

Oh that's perfect - VMT

TtB

The New NickB 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Find a few local club websites, they often have lots of links to local events. Most areas have a few local race organisers / listings sites. The Runners World listings are pretty poor.
 Banned User 77 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade: If based in the south there may be some WFRA events which are closer.. http://www.wfra.me.uk/

Not sure they all get advertised in the FRA
In reply to The New NickB:
> (In reply to Tony the Blade)
>
> Find a few local club websites, they often have lots of links to local events. Most areas have a few local race organisers / listings sites. The Runners World listings are pretty poor.

Good call, thank you.

There are a few in the Bournemouth area. I've never run with a club, is it worth joining?
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to Tony the Blade) If based in the south there may be some WFRA events which are closer.. http://www.wfra.me.uk/
>
> Not sure they all get advertised in the FRA

Good find, Iain. Many thanks.

Oh yeah, will you sign my copy of Trail Runner? haha
 Banned User 77 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade:
> (In reply to The New NickB)
> [...]
>
> Good call, thank you.
>
> There are a few in the Bournemouth area. I've never run with a club, is it worth joining?

I think so.. don't worry about joining just attend a few club nights. Normally they are quite informal and let you see what you think. You want a club which suits you.. we all want different things out of our clubs.
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to Tony the Blade)
> [...]
>
> I think so.. don't worry about joining just attend a few club nights. Normally they are quite informal and let you see what you think. You want a club which suits you.. we all want different things out of our clubs.

Wise words - thanks again. I'll give it a go during the winter and see how I get on.
 wbo 05 Nov 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade: If you join a club you get access to a lot more x-country. If I lived in the UK I could race every weekend. Bournemouth are in the Hampshire League which is alright. with some decent courses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...