UKC

El Chorro Arabe Escalera - New Unsafe Routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilsers 06 Nov 2013
Hi all,

Just back from a great week in El Chorro (first visit). We climbed at Arabe Escalera a few times and noticed there were a bunch of new routes to the left of Suiza Sector. Not 100% sure it was between Chocolate Orange and For Fite but looks like to picture in the book.

I've posted this on the Rockfax database:

The triangular pile of blocks between Chocolate Orange and For Fite has been bolted with about 4 routes (3 anchor chains). This is a chossy pile of rubble with several large loose blocks. I climbed the left of centre route at about Gd 4 and got back down as quickly as I could then we got the hell out of there. Most sounded very hollow and 1 block actually wobbled - recommend folk stay well away.
 tom.ireson 06 Nov 2013
Hi Wilsers, thanks for the post. I don't know of these routes first hand but I will go and take a look this week. I will ask around too to try to find out who bolted them, it was definitely not one of our guys. If they are really dangerous I may look at removing the hangers and chains.

Please check out www.elchorroboltfund.com and see what we do here. You can report any bad bolts or other problems on the site too (or donate to help us fix it!)

Cheers

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...