UKC

Ken Robinson on Desert Island Disks - Radio 4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
On now. If only they would make this guy the Secretary for Education.

Alan
 DerwentDiluted 08 Nov 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

My quote of the year from him:

"Don't resent getting older, its a privilege denied to so many'

Really stopped me in my tracks as I was just thinking about the inverse relationship between my hairline and short term memory.
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

And it is always worth any excuse to post links to these two videos, even though I have probably posted them before.

youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U&

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

Alan
 DaveHK 08 Nov 2013

From what I've seen of Ken Robinson (TED Talks, interviews and pieces in the TES) he is very eloquent when pointing out the problems in education but less adept at offering solutions.
 DaveHK 08 Nov 2013
> If only they would make this guy the Secretary for Education.
>

Eloquent critics fulfil a useful role but are likely to disappoint if given power.

Thanks Alan just watched Changing Education Paradigms which is excellent, love the animation as well.
> On now. If only they would make this guy the Secretary for Education.
>
> Alan

Just watched Ken Robinson "How schools kill creativity" which is also excellent. I agree make him Secretary for Education now.
 Sean Kelly 08 Nov 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Caught him on R4 this morning by chance and didn't know who it was, but was immediately switched on to his comments and views on Education, views that I have also been preaching for the last 30 years. That Creativity is unique to mankind, that creativity can be developed, that adults, unlike children shy away from expressing themselves, and so, so much more. When I checked him out I discovered that he ran the Arts in Schools program that ran in the late 80's/90's, in which I had actually participated. I must listen again when repeated on Sunday but not to his music selection.
In reply to Sean Kelly:
> I must listen again when repeated on Sunday but not to his music selection.

Yes, his music choice was terrible, apart from the Joan Armatrading track.

Alan
 Robert Durran 09 Nov 2013

Brilliant. Though as a teacher I'm not sure whether to be totally inspired or profoundly depressed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...