Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Cyclists and rights of way on Footpaths / Bridleways

davidjglover - on 08 Nov 2013
Iím interested to know what the general view of Climbers / Off Road Cyclists have on my recent experience: I regularly use Public Footpaths (as designated on OS Maps) to get across the Countryside. I have a Working Gundog who is almost always accompanying me. She is always under control and walking to heel although not generally on a lead. Some of the paths I regularly use are fairly narrow with hedgerows either side. There are a number of ďblindĒ bends. I have on several occasions had to move quickly out of the way of inconsiderate Cyclists who insist on riding extremely fast round these bends with no warning of their approach. Iím concerned for my own safety and for that of my Dog. Whilst I would receive Hospital treatment free of charge my Dog (if injured) would incur Vet bills which can be extremely high for a serious injury.
What are peopleís thoughts on this? I understood that Cycling on Public Footpaths was not allowed and on Bridleways that Cyclists should give way to Walkers (not the other way round).
... not showing 130 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums