Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Pub versus Off-belay

Offwidth - on 08 Nov 2013
I turn the pub off to keep the noise down but increasing find that topics that really should be off-belay (eg serious comments on politics) are in the pub and vice-versa (chatty nonsense). Why do people think this is, as the defintions seem clear enough to me?

The Pub: A forum for relaxed conversation, gossip, chatting to your mates. Topics are deleted if they don't have any replies for 7 days, so this is a great place for topics which don't really need to be archived for posterity. The Pub is turned off by default from new users, and it is only available to registered users; you have to opt-in to see this forum. It is less-strictly moderated than the other forums and you may encounter some forthright views and strong language.

Off belay: A forum for general non-climbing discussions and debate. Discuss politics, society, sport, whatever you feel like on this popular forum. Please keep the trivial and extra light-hearted stuff in The Pub.
Please note - Unsuitable posts in Off Belay will be either moved to The Pub, or just deleted. 'Unsuitable' means chatty posts between mates, trivial jokes and banter, mimic posts or posts with mild bad language in the starter post or title.

... not showing 23 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums