Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Time to start climbing outdoors

eddhewett - on 09 Nov 2013
Hi,

I am fairly new to climbing and only indoors. I learnt on my local indoor wall 'The Climb Amersham' about 3 years ago but due to work I have only managed to get in 3 or 4 climbing sessions a year since then. I really wish I could go more often but I spend most of my time at sea working 7 days a week so there really just isn't the opportunity. However I do have about 3 weeks off this December and was thinking I could escape for a week mid December to try some proper outdoor climbing and due to the time of year I was thinking it might be abroad.

So can anyone recommend a trip/place to go for a beginners climbing course in the sun in mid December? I would be on my own and need teaching so it would have to be some sort of organized group holiday I think.

I really just don't know where to start. I was hoping someone here might have been on one before and might be able to recommend something. I really don't want to end up with some cowboy organization which doesn't practice safe climbing.

Oh and if its possible a bit of camping thrown in would be fun too. I do love a campfire in the evening.

Cheers,

Edd Hewett
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums