UKC

New bike helmet design

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Paul F 09 Nov 2013
OP Mikkel 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Paul F:

It is
Paul F 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Mikkel:

Then yes
OP Mikkel 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Paul F:

i imagine it would get a little expensive if you used it for mountain biking.
Removed User 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Mikkel:

Trouble is, I fell off once at a junction cos I forgot to unclip. I'd have been really pissed off if my bloody helmet had done that to add to the embarrassment.
 gethin_allen 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Mikkel:
Probably allright for bumblies but I can't see it working very well for anyone cycling seriously. Also, they claim that helmets are restrictive and uncomfortable, is sticking a large scarf like object around your neck going to be any less restrictive or uncomfortable? I'd end up sweating like a pig if I had something like that around my neck on all but the coldest days.
OP Mikkel 09 Nov 2013
In reply to gethin_allen:
I agree, their reasoning behind is seems like mostly designed to create problem that their idea is the solution to.
but for someone who only cycle a few miles to work in a city every day, its probably pretty cool.
 mike123 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Mikkel: Thanks for the link . I think looks incredible . Probably no use whatsoever to me or the posters Above, or many people who post on here. Is that represntative of the cycling public of europe ? No . Think of all the northern European cites where millions of props ride those funky bikes ) like in the film , to work everyday ? My sister in law lives in Amsterdam , she's a compete city slicker / gym bunny but rides a Bike daily , not for exercise but for transport. Do she wear a helmet ? Of course not . Would she wear this ? Probably . I m. Just making a metL list of all the cites where peole ride bikes just to get about (not including millions of Indians and chinese in this) and it's a big list .
 mike123 10 Nov 2013
In reply to mike123: Sorry for typos , phone + fat fingers
ceri 12 Nov 2013
In reply to Mikkel: Looking at their home page, is this a "helmet" for people who are too cool to have their hair messed up by a proper helmet?
 chunders 18 Nov 2013
In reply to Mikkel: Nicely adaptive technology similar to that used in high performance racing leathers to protect neck, collar bone and chest areas. As has been described maybe best for urban bikers but in reality we all make our choices on protection levels, who would have worn MTB armour a few years ago, now most do!!For those that choose to protect fair enough, for those that don't quit bitching about others choices and inventions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...