UKC

Amazing hail today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Offwidth 09 Nov 2013
Went to Hobson Moor today trying to find a dry crag near Manc and got a couple of routes done then got blasted by some really impressive hail at the belay of the second route (quite nice really... we expected to be caught in a downpour). Waited and tried to boulder but it came back . Driving back to Ashton to drop my mate off at the bus station the hail was even deeper... a good few inches and starting to cause traffic problems. Then an even deeper section (starting to lose traction a little) on the M60 heading back north on the way back to Yorkshire where it was lucky there wasn't an accident as some people started panicking a little. Anyone else caught in this?
 Muel 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Offwidth:

My brother works in Glossop and texted a picture to me of the hail outside, looked mental!
 deacondeacon 09 Nov 2013
In reply to Offwidth: yep, I got caught in it halfway up jetrunner! Tried to wait it out on rout but alas it turned to rain.
Signs saying the snake pass was shut too, and kinder looked quite white ( although I doubt the downfall is in yet).
 deepsoup 10 Nov 2013
In reply to deacondeacon:
I missed the downpour but drove over Snake Pass not long after, I guess shortly before the signs saying it was closed went up. It was a bit iffy with all the ice on the summit. Amazing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...