UKC

Lord Berekeley's Seat, An Teallach.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TheseKnivesMan 09 Nov 2013
Is there any climbing route in any guidebook that has a final pitch directly up the overhanging face of Lord Berekeley's Seat on the Pinnacles of An Teallach?

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5279/7420966190_c2c8b9d8a8_z.jpg

Can you imagine a better situated hard and pumpy climb in Scotland? I've googled it within an inch of it's life and can't find anything. Perhaps I should make this my goal for 10 years time...maybe by then standing on top of it's summit won't make me gibber at least.
 JCurrie 09 Nov 2013
In reply to TheseKnivesMan:
There is definitely a winter route.
J

Yep it looks spectacular, but is quite amenable in winter, despite first impressions, with lots of good turf, made the second ascent in the early nineties, Nesbit being the first.

As a wide eyed youth, I had exactly the same feeling as you, after seeing it on the traverse, of course it hadn't been climbed then, even though the goat was in there first, I always wanted to make an ascent.

In reply to Andy Clarke1965:

Well done that man! I suppose the cracks and blocks are quite big but still way beyond anything I can do as a pure bumblepunter! I can't imagine how scary it must have been, grade not withstanding!
 Andy Nisbet 09 Nov 2013

There's a natural line which curves around a bit but doesn't actually climb anything overhanging, pleasantly deceptive and not as hard as it looks (still not easy!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...