/ Mouldy Down Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
eugeneth - on 09 Nov 2013
Hi, Anyone had experience in getting mouldy downjackets cleaned?

Mine has got mould on the pertex outer from a mould infestation in the house and I am worried it may have got into the down. Has anyone had this happen and had the jacket cleaned/cleaned themselves successfully?

Tips welcome

Cheers
CurlyStevo - on 10 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth:
I would try washing it. google what to do but basically 30 degree delicates wash with pure soap then tumble dry at launderete low to med setting with 2 tennis balls in the machine to break up the clumps of down and reloft :)
needvert on 10 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth:

My down jacket survived a front loader fine. Washing it wasn't a big deal, neither was throwing it in the dryer after wards.

Have a top loader now that I'm not game to try it in (partly because i think its much more likely to tear and then I suspect both the jacket and the washing machine will be unusable afterwards.)
marsbar - on 10 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth: I would use white vinegar on it and then wash and dry as usual for down jackets.
eugeneth - on 10 Nov 2013
Thanks everyone!! Will give it a go later
marsbar - on 23 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth:

Any joy? Did the mould come out?
sebrider - on 24 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth: Now you are not a student you can buy a new one! Then that leaves a scabby jacket for abusing and a shiny jacket to go with the beanie and bouldering mat when needing to be fashionable at the crag ;)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.