UKC

Buying a house at auction

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pec 09 Nov 2013
I'm seriously considering buying a house at auction. It only came on to the market last week, the first viewing session was today and the auction is a week on Monday (18th Nov), so a bit rushed really.

I don't need a mortgage and I'm not bothered about a survey (they're not worth the paper they are written on) and I've renovated several wrecks so I've got my eyes open.

I've seen the searches and there's nothing unusual as far as I can tell but I'm not a solicitor. Its in a long established resisdential area where houses are regularly sold so there's no reason to suppose there's anything nasty hiding around the corner but I can't be certain. Is it normal to get a solicitor to check this stuff before the auction or do you just take that gamble?
Obviously I'd rather not spend money on solicitors fees when I might not even get the house and there's not much time anyway so what do people do?

Any experinces welcome, thanks.
Jim C 09 Nov 2013
In reply to pec:

sounds to me like all the past experiences you might need are available on daytime TV .( if you can bear to watch)
OP pec 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Jim C:
> (In reply to pec)
>
> sounds to me like all the past experiences you might need are available on daytime TV .( if you can bear to watch) >

Its not the "human" experience I'm after, its whether pressing ahead without a solicitor to check things before I'm commited is normal or too risky.

Mountain Llama 10 Nov 2013
In reply to pec: nothing stopping u doing ur own searches for planning applications etc on the web, most councils gave this facility.
OP pec 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Mountain Llama:
The auctioneers have already provided the searches and a contract. I can't see anything of obvious concern but I'm not a solicitor so there could be something I've missed, especially with regards to the contract.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...