UKC

eBay help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Skol 10 Nov 2013
Hi.
I've not eBay before, and have put some mountaineering boots on there.
They suggested £4.89 for postage ' collect and economy tracked'

I don't want to end up out of pocket as these boots weigh about a kilo each .
Should, and how do I increase the postage to around £10?

Ta
 Roddytoo 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Skol: When you put an item up for sale somewhere on the description page you can alter the postage. Sometimes their estimation is too high, in this case obviously too low. Take a good look. You might want to sign up with Hermes, they are cheaper than the post office and often collect from local shops, handy.
In reply to Skol:

I always weigh the items and then refer to website of my preferred postal provider - usually with insurance. In the T&C I stipulate returns have to be sent the same way - things can go missing and the seller is always to blame in eBay land.

eBay now has a nasty habit of "advising" what is a suitable P&P price. A guess would be it's an aggregate of other people's pricing. They often won't accept what they deem as too pricey P&P because people were hiding costs in the postage so eBay couldn't get their cut.
 Oceanrower 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Roddytoo: In my experience, Myhermes make Parcelforce look like a beacon of shining efficiency.
 winhill 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Skol:

bear in mind ebay take a percentage of your postage charges too.
In reply to winhill:

I thought it was PayPal took the cut on the total - eBay was just final price fee? Mind you doesn't eBay own PayPal?
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

I stand corrected - policy changed in September.
 wilkie14c 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Skol: watch you don't get stung by a buyer on the channel islands, state in the ad that locations with a premium have to pay the difference
In reply to Oceanrower: I haven't tried their shop collection service but my experience of my Hermes is terrible. They never turned up to collect my parcel on the day they said they would or the following couple of days so i rang them and they made an excuse that the drivers bar code scanner wasn't working and he had to return to base. They had no excuse for why they hadn't collected in the days after though so i received a refund from them. Then about ten days after a My Hermes driver turned up to collect the parcel i'd already been refunded for and obviously by then i had sent it by another method. The best of it was the bloke turned up in Suzuki supercarry pickup which had an open back and that was where he was putting his parcels with no thought for if it rained or not so needless to say i haven't used them since which is a shame as they are cheaper.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...