UKC

Tremadog Accident on Saturday - Christmas Curry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gone 10 Nov 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-24888562

Climber airlifted off Christmas Curry after falling 10m according to the BBC. Sounds like the injuries aren't life threatening - hope they make a full recovery.
 LeeWood 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Gone: Hmm I think its easy to get off route; the direct finish is compelling and then there's even The Plum stray onto
 JamButty 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Gone: sounds like a good job by Aber MRT, difficult access around there. hope they're ok.

MikeStuart 10 Nov 2013
In reply to LeeWood: Aye it is indeed easy (when you leave your guidebook in the car) to go off route on Xmas Curry, I went up the local E1/2/3 variation between the S and HS arete: http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/climber-falls-breaks-ankle...

Aberglaslyn Mountain Rescue Team are a fantastic bunch!
 LeeWood 10 Nov 2013
In reply to MikeStuart26: this was your rescue then? (sympathies) what we need now is an annual rescue profile for the crag; perhaps CC is the winner ! Maybe it should get some french style balisage to mark the way. I witnessed some friends get off route years back
 MikeStuart 10 Nov 2013
In reply to LeeWood: Sadly it was, no need for sympathies, it was my fault for letting go; but its all good, I'm climbing harder now.
Ha that would be quite interesting, I've witnessed one and been one at Tdog - so that is two nominations.
 pog100 10 Nov 2013
In reply to MikeStuart26:
You are really confusing this thread! You accident appears to have been in 2012, the OP refers to one yesterday. People seem to be assuming you were yesterday's victim and you aren't helping to dispel this idea...
 MikeStuart 10 Nov 2013
In reply to pog100: My bad. I was just agreeing with LeeWood that its quite easy to go off route on CC.
 don macb 10 Nov 2013
In reply to pog100:

not at all- it was pretty clear that he was saying he came off the route previously rather than today...
 digby 11 Nov 2013
In reply to don macb:

> not at all- it was pretty clear that he was saying he came off the route previously rather than today...

!!!

"this was your rescue then?"

"Sadly it was, no need for sympathies"
 don macb 27 Nov 2013
In reply to digby:

surely you can see what he actually meant?

pffft... i give up
 digby 27 Nov 2013
In reply to don macb:

No. The only clue to it not being the fall in question is a very inconspicuous date on the link, which is hardly visible, and not at all if you don't read the link.

Been dwelling on it have you?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...