/ NEWS: INTERVIEW: Meshuga (E9) in a session for Mason

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 11 Nov 2013
David Mason on the crux lower section of Meshuga, E9 6c, 3 kb

David Mason has recently made a very impressive headpoint ascent of the hard grit classic, Meshuga, E9 6c, at Black Rocks. What makes David's ascent so impressive is that it took him just a single day to work and climb this exceedingly bold route.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68486
shark - on 11 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News:

What makes Dave's ascent impressive for me is that he's boulderer with a self-confessed head problem for routes but was able to get his shit together for something like this. Couldn't comprehend it when I heard. Amazing. Forget working up through the grades.
jas wood - on 11 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News: Awesome effort and in such a short space of time, top drawer..
Would be interested to hear from David if a concience choice was made not to wear a helmet? balls like space hoppers !
I appreciate it is his head to do as he wishes with.

Interested if it was a concious "I'm not going to fall" decision or it was left in the car with his fags whilst nipping up the route :O)

davidmason85 - on 11 Nov 2013
In reply to jas wood:

I didn't wear a helmet because I have never done so before. I agree that they are probably worth wearing but I didn't want it to put me off due to not being used to the feeling. I wear one one my bike though!!

For more thoughts my blog about it can be found here-http://www.bigstone.co.uk/news/2013/11/07/Meshuga/
In reply to davidmason85:

An amazing effort, well done.

> I wear one one my bike though!!

Get yourself a modern super-light climbing one and soon you'll probably notice it no more so than a decent bike lid. Probably one of the easier ways to stack the odds a bit more in your favour for terrifying routes like that! :-)
jas wood - on 11 Nov 2013
In reply to davidmason85: Good read !
I only ask because i was questioning my choice/decision not to wear a helmet when bouldering, highballing or soloing but always when on trad, winter and like yourself on my Mountain bike,regular use of helmet on my bike mind !

Well done for applying your skill in a situation like that.
GuyVG - on 11 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News: great stuff, exciting prospects now confidence is blooming
ads.ukclimbing.com
TLeleu - on 12 Nov 2013
What about pads ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.