UKC

NEWS: REPORT: Blokfest Mile End

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Nov 2013
Belinda Fuller in her first Blokfest final, 3 kb

Here Gaz Parry gives us the lowdown on the latest Blokfest competition...

It doesn't seem two minutes since we finished last season but it looks like Blokfest has hit the ground running this year. The first round at Mile End was an absolute smash hit. Over 400 climbers turned out to pit their wits, skills and strength against the usual setting team of Mike Langley, Alex Lemel, Kornelija Howick, Rock On Dom and myself.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68493
In reply to UKC News: Gaz, quality not quantity though mate
 Jonny2vests 11 Nov 2013
In reply to UKC News:

See now, all those people whinging about the Women's Symposium needn't have worried, now we have Blokefest.
 jon 11 Nov 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> See now, all those people whinging about the Women's Symposium needn't have worried, now we have Blokefest.

Yes, that's how I keep seeing it.
 niallk 11 Nov 2013
In reply to jon:
> (In reply to Jonny2vests)
> [...]
>
> Yes, that's how I keep seeing it.

Ditto. I read Blokefest and thought this was going to be a spoof thread so opened for amusement.
In reply to Graeme Alderson: ha ha, I made a guess before I opened this that it'd be Graeme who replied first with some kind of come back. You've not let yourself down

You should have gone for a more intricate wind up Gaz.
 gaz parry 12 Nov 2013
Not meant as a wind up just as a reference to how big these events are becoming. CWIFF, BBC, Blokfest and last weekend Craggy boulder bash are all immense events in their own right. Thought the quality reference was more of a dig to be honest, but I have been to the CWIFF and Mr Alderson has not been to a Blokfest. I have to say we are on the same game plan as Graeme though and that is to make the best events we can and put something back into the world of UK comps. CWIFF is a great act to follow.
In reply to gaz parry: We are starting the process in Dublin as well, G-Force had about 120. A good day was had by all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...