UKC

Recipe ideas for my roast chicken leftovers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 11 Nov 2013

I cooked a tasty roast chicken yesterday and have a fair bit of meat, potatoes and a little bit of veg left over, what shall I do with it? I want a quick, tasty and reasonably healthy dinner for me and the misses, any ideas?

Cheers

Simon
 pork pie girl 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si: chicken curry, chicken stir fry, bits of chicken in tomoatoe soup etc
Nick Barnard 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

Curry!
OP maybe_si 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

Hmm yeah I thought about that but I don't really fancy a curry tonight? Any other ideas?

lost1977 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

I did stuffed pepper for lunch which would have gone lovely with some roast chicken, red pepper was stuffed with cous cous, apricot, date and pistachio
Removed User 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si: Er, put it in the microwave and reheat?!
 ByEek 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si: Chicken with bubble and squeek.
OP maybe_si 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

To be honest I was thinking of just having the chicken cold, slicing the roasties and sauteeing them.... but then I fancy some sort of tasty warm veg dish to go with it?
 kedvenc72 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si: I'd make a chicken soup. The preparation is quite quick but making the stock takes about 3 hours and then you have to let it cool down. Not really what you asked for, sorry.
 digby 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

I would just heat it in the microwave with the potatoes (or sautee them as someone suggested), serve with peas and lots of salad, and some brown bread. My favourite go with sauces are ketchup (on the peas), Healthy Boy Brand Sweet Soya sauce and Sweet Chilli sauce on the chicken and balsamic on the salad. Lovely!

I am starving though.
 itsThere 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si: Not so quick but you could put it in a pie
 ripper 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:
chop the lot into bite-size pieces, stir-fry with a chopped onion, maybe a pepper if you have one, and a tomato or two, with some garlic and a generous spoonful of smoked paprika. Some chopped chorize too if you have any in.
 hang_about 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:
Whatever you do, make stock with the bones and freeze it. Makes great risotto, soup etc.
 tiffanykate12 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

Turned into amazing root veg dauphinoise, sautéed roast potatoes amd stuffing, and cold chicken with gravy.
I've got a good'un.
Thanks for the suggestions folks.
 MonkeyPuzzle 11 Nov 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

Smash up the potatoes, shred the chicken and make croquettes by mixing it all together with some beaten egg. Breadcrumb it and fry. Boom.
In reply to hang_about:

+1, I love proper stock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...