UKC

Llanberis slate, Australia lower - help with climb name please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leeoftroy 11 Nov 2013
A climb to the left of 'N' gauge doesn't seem to be in my Llanberis slate guidebook. It's approx 6a+ or perhaps 6b and bolted with about 3 bolts. Two very nice slanting sharp edges rise at an angle with a delicate layback at the top. I really enjoyed this climb and hoped to log it.
Many thanks
In reply to leeoftroy: The sidings list on slate wiki

Gentle LayBack V0- To the left of Shothole arete using the last obvious slab feature layback from a SDS. E Russell 03/04/09

Shothole Arete V0 Climb the arete with a shothole in it! E Russell 03/04/09

Loose Block Corner V0 Pull on the loose block tentatively then continue up the dirty corner. Would be worthwhile after lots of traffic.E Russell 03/04/09

Puffing Billy V0+ Ten paces to the left of 'N' Gauge there is a small tree growing out of the slate. To the left of this is a corner. Climb the corner with a couple of nice moves. 30/08/08 Charlie Jordan (solo)

With a Little Help From A Tree V2/3 Start beneath the tree, the crux is getting the tree and then continue upwards with assitance from the tree and left hand arete. Highball! E Russell 03/04/09

GLASS AXE E5 7a 7-8m.
The left facing groove just to the left of `N`Gauge`,very tricky!
F/A, Andy Woodward, (solo) summer of 86!
p.s. I believe the route can now be done by clipping the bolts on the next route,with a potential swing at the top if you fall, allthough obviously not E5 for that tick!
(drilled some lower offs holes above top of groove , will put in soon as)(06/12)

'N' Gauge F5b/c?(info on uk climbing logbooks says loose flake gone and overgraded at 6a) Follows narrow pillar at the most left end of this level. 4 bolts + twin Bolt lower-off. Nov/07 Josie Ball

Side line F4c Climbs out right from first bolt of 'N' Gauge 5 bolts + twin Bolt lower-off.27/1/08 Josie Ball.

Derailed F4b Climbs the corner just left of "Thomas the tank" start direct then move right. 3 bolts + twin bolt lower-off. 27/1/08 Josie Ball.

Thomas the Tank * F4a line between "'n'Gauge" and "Sodor" following slabby rock with crux at the top.4 bolts + twin Bolt lower-off. 16/12/2007 Archie Ball

Rack and Pin ** F5b+ line left ofSodor corner + slab crux passing top bolt. 4 bolts + twin Bolt lower-off. 16/12/2007 Josie Ball

Sodor ** F5c Follows the hairline crack left of the centre of the wall , where the crack terminates at the horizontal feature continue straight up to lower-off 4 bolts + twin Bolt lower-off. 13/10/Italic [Ctrl+I]07 Josie Ball

The Mallard ** F5c Line between Sodor + Polar express - slab line 4 bolts + twin Bolt lower-off. 16/12/2007 Josie Ball
In reply to leeoftroy: hi there, the climb you're looking for is number 90 in the UKC database for Australia, and unnamed. It isn't in the list above. The bolts are newer than the rest on this level, so aren't in the list above with NGuage etc. I did it in Feb, nice little climb, F6a+ seems to be the consensus.
OP leeoftroy 12 Nov 2013
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: Thanks for the info, I think the reply below explains why I can't find it anywhere.
OP leeoftroy 12 Nov 2013
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:
> (In reply to leeoftroy) hi there, the climb you're looking for is number 90 in the UKC database for Australia, and unnamed. It isn't in the list above. The bolts are newer than the rest on this level, so aren't in the list above with NGuage etc. I did it in Feb, nice little climb, F6a+ seems to be the consensus.

Thats great - it was a really fun climb and I enjoyed doing it without any idea of the grade, I just wanted to be able to log it on here. I figured it was probably 6a+ but it felt hard as it was my first outing on slate. Certainly not the last!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...