UKC

Inland Sardinia (Isili etc) over winter??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fiend 13 Nov 2013
Is this feasible as regards accommodation and weather??

I.e. are there hostels / auberges / cheap hotels available? And is it likely to be reliably dry? Don't mind if it's cold as long as it's approaching double figures as the crags are all suntraps.

Is the information in the Rockfax mini-guide representative?? Would buy the definitive if needed.

Ta.
Fiend.
 Nic 13 Nov 2013
In reply to Fiend:

...I've been to Sardinia many times, both as a climber and tourist. In my experience there's very little open outside the tourist high season of July and August, so I think you'll be lucky to find much in winter. That area is also pretty poorly served for restaurants etc., so even if you do find lodging you may struggle to eat, unless you are self-catering of course.
OP Fiend 13 Nov 2013
In reply to Nic:

I can cook
OP Fiend 13 Nov 2013
In reply to Fiend:

Anyone else have any information??
 Nic 14 Nov 2013
In reply to Fiend:

Why don't you email Peter Herold at the Lemon House

http://www.peteranne.it/

Not his area, but I am sure he would be better informed than everyone else here.
 Stairclimber 14 Nov 2013
Not inland, but went to Cala Gonone last February and found the climbing great, but the place dead. Apartment was cheap but as there's generally no need for central heating most of the year, we were provided with a gas fire on wheels. Like staying in a mountain hut only colder. Evenings are long too! 'Normal people' continue living there so supermarkets are open. We did find a problem buying fuel for a hire car when the auto pump refused to take a credit card. Luckily a local paid with his bank card and we gave him cash, but be aware.One day after rain on the coast, the hill tops inland were snow covered. Hope this helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...