UKC

Snakes and ladders topo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Anna G 16 Nov 2013
Hi does anyone know where I can find a snakes and ladders in the slate quarries topo?

Cheers anna
 MikeStuart 16 Nov 2013
In reply to annna g: Be careful of the Bridge of Death, it is not attached in the middle anymore
OP Anna G 16 Nov 2013
In reply to annna g: ah cool cheers does anyone know of a map kind of thing for it anywhere?
 MikeStuart 16 Nov 2013
In reply to annna g: The bridge is still probably leadable, but if it broke/snapped further you would die

The best place to get a map would in the Ground Up Slate guidebook, but failing spending £20, have a look on http://slate.wikifoundry.com/ for a map. One may exist
 muppetfilter 16 Nov 2013
In reply to annna g: Use the UKC search function as there have been a few threads about this.
 Red Rover 17 Nov 2013
In reply to MikeStuart26:

When where you there last? I was there in October and it looks a lot worse than it used to. A crevace is opeining up next to it on the incline side.
 Jonny2vests 17 Nov 2013
In reply to MikeStuart26:

So the rivets joining the track have gone, but the track ends still stick out under their own tension? I don't get it, please elaborate.
 Red Rover 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests: More of the bolts have gone, meaning theres two big kinks in it now rather than one. The whole thing has slumped down lower and on the incline side a crevace is opening up under the line that rests on the ground. It doesnt look like it will ever fall off, more like it will gradually slip further and further down and probably separate into two. No way will it hold body weight!
 ianstevens 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:
> (In reply to MikeStuart26)
>
> So the rivets joining the track have gone, but the track ends still stick out under their own tension? I don't get it, please elaborate.

Its still attached to the ground at both ends, but the right hand track (as you approach it) has become disconnected at the joint in the middle. So the two sections of rail aren't joined, with a few inches of (flexible) gap in between.

The left rail is still bomber* though.

*No worse than it used to be.
 Jonny2vests 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Gosh. Makes me glad I got it done in time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...