UKC

Tried a route called 999

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
We started it with about half hour of sunlight left,Felt ok to climb 3 meters till the first runner,I climbed a meter and a half above could couldnt find a good placement,I could see one a further meter above,bottled it,and down climbed so i could get my runner out,There wasnt enough light to ab down and get it.When i got in and checked its name out,ha ha,I think it was karma.
 The Pylon King 16 Nov 2013
In reply to cheek to the rock:

Good skills.
 David Bennett 16 Nov 2013
In reply to cheek to the rock: Wilton 1?
 Bulls Crack 16 Nov 2013

666 would have been scarier!

And if Wilton then a road you might conceivably take there.
In reply to cheek to the rock: Yeah wilton 1,what a cool route,just not when its damp and green and slippy and its getting dark and youve no cam for the second placement.If it was dry i would of skipped the second and put a torque nut in a bit further up,i think i could of done that,but i would of then been commited and the crux is at the top.I bailed out while i could becasue i didnt fancy abing down for my gear in the dark.Im going to leave wilton until spring when its dry.Then im gonna smash it.Every thing with a 2 and 3 star up to HVS.Starting with 999 then flywalk
 Jimbo C 16 Nov 2013

Yeah it's a good route, and the only route I've climbed at Wilton 1 that didn't feel tough for the grade (but I didn't climb that many).
 Calder 16 Nov 2013
> (In reply to cheek to the rock) ...Im going to leave wilton until spring when its dry.Then im gonna smash it.Every thing with a 2 and 3 star up to HVS.Starting with 999 then flywalk

Good luck with that -there's some tough nuts to crack, ha ha!
In reply to Calder: Theres about 12 or 13.I was looking at wilton 3 and theres 2 VS there that just dont feel like VS's to me
In reply to Calder:

Put 999 to bed,bottled flywalk till the weathers better.
 Calder 23 Nov 2013

Probably for the best, I imagine it was pretty grim today with cold fingers/hands. I remember doing the corner left of forked crack in February with cold hands and a hangover once, the resulting hot aches I got half way up nearly made me throw up.

Spring is prime time for Wilton - I find bouldering far more fun in winter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...