UKC

Best place to buy a clipstick?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frankie boy 17 Nov 2013
Can anyone tell me where the cheapest place to get a clipstick is? Or if anyone hss one for sale? Our local well known store is as usual way more expensive than other places Ive seen it so was just looking for recommendations.
 DaveN 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Frankie boy: will your local store consider price matching, our at least coming down if you tell them?

The "best" place is the local shop-if you want it to remain there.
 Ropeboy 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Frankie boy:

My friend has a beta climbing designs clip stick which is good.

http://www.betaclimbingdesigns.com

It seems there web site is having some work done but they are a good bunch of Sheffield lads. There's a phone number, you could give them a ring?

If all else fails Crag X at the Foundry sells them, but they're not cheap.

Depends how good a clip stick you want, I have the clippy bit on the end of an extendable decorators pole, it works but it's not great, but I don't do a lot of sport climbing.

J
OP Frankie boy 17 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveN:
The store doesn't do price match and doesn't even do BMC discount. Hence, I take my business elsewhere.
OP Frankie boy 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Ropeboy:
Thanks, Im in the same predicament of do I get a painters pole for the amount I would use it.
 ianstevens 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Frankie boy: Clipsticks are expensive as the cost is inclusive of the operation to remove your testicles.
 Choss 17 Nov 2013
In reply to ianstevens:
> (In reply to Frankie boy) Clipsticks are expensive as the cost is inclusive of the operation to remove your testicles.

^^^I like this^^^

For Pretty much Free you can just use any old Long stick and a bit of tape. Does the same job.

GridNorth 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Frankie boy: I made one with some tent poles pulled tight with steel wire threaded through. On the end I have a detachable 30cm QD threaded through some plastic tubing and one of those krabs that you can hold the gate open with a small lever which closes on contact. It works well and is compact but I've never used it in anger.
 Fraser 17 Nov 2013
In reply to ianstevens:
> (In reply to Frankie boy) Clipsticks are expensive as the cost is inclusive of the operation to remove your testicles.

Sorry for your loss.

alasdair19 17 Nov 2013
In reply to GridNorth: ie its a theoretical clip stick?!
OP Frankie boy 18 Nov 2013
In reply to GridNorth: This is a method i think i'll be using, I presume the less bendy the tent poles the better.
In reply to Choss: This is what I currently do but can never find a stick when i need one.
In reply to ianstevens: Tell me about it. Sounds like at least theyre made here though, unlike many well known brands making tjeir gear in neighbouring factoriez in China and in essence something costing a tenner to make magics its way up to £200 in the shop.
 Choss 18 Nov 2013
In reply to Frankie boy:

A Long garden bamboo cane?

Go cut yourself a Long Straight hazel rod From an old coppice stool?
 Bouldering Ben 18 Nov 2013
In reply to Frankie boy:

Adapt one of these:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/ron-thompson-evo2-travelpole-500-p270502

You can also get fishing poles up to 10m for a reasonable price on eBay.

Ben
 IainWhitehouse 18 Nov 2013
In reply to Frankie boy:
> (In reply to ianstevens) Sounds like at least theyre made here though,

They are. Betasticks were made in S11 for years. Production recently upped sticks and moved all the way to S8.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...