UKC

Fjallraven trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Following on from a recent thread, anyone have experience of fjallraven trousers particularly for walking in wet vegetation?
I walk regularly out the back of my estate where lots of dog walkers go. It is very overgrown. I usually can't be bothered with waterproofs, and so after rain/frost the trouser often get wet up to the knees.
Does the use of the Greenland wax impregnated actually help stop with getting wet legs from wet vegetation? Does it get washed out each time a wash is done? Is it easy to apply?
Any alternative trouser suggestions I should consider? - I really can't be bothered with waterproofs most of the time due to the variable conditions. Only if it's physically raining at the time would I don waterproofs.
Any thoughts and comments appreciated. Thanks.
 OwenM 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Climbing Pieman:
>
> Does the use of the Greenland wax impregnated actually help stop with getting wet legs from wet vegetation?

Only for a bit.

Does it get washed out each time a wash is done?

No, it will last for about half a dozen washes.

Is it easy to apply?

Yes.
>
 Sl@te Head 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Climbing Pieman: I've been using them for over 15 years, I teach Outdoor Education and have used them on many trips to Scandinavia, Alaska, Greenland, Canada etc i.e. very wet places! I've been happy with them as they are very hard wearing and comfortable. I've only ever applied the wax a few times and got bored of doing so, I value the trousers more for the reasons mentioned more than for any waterproof / repellent qualities, though they do dry reasonably quick which I have been glad of on many very wet expeditions. Would definitely recommend.
 Sl@te Head 17 Nov 2013
In reply to Climbing Pieman: Forgot to mention that they are incredibly common in Scandinavia at one time virtually any Scandinavian heading outdoors would be wearing them and they live in a very wet climate and know a thing or two about the outdoors.
Paul F 17 Nov 2013

Not Cheap, but Sporting lodge are doing 20% off until Monday

http://www.thesportinglodge.co.uk/shop/shop-brands/brands-fjallraven/
Thanks all, comments much appreciated.
Aagh googled them and ... there are so many models to look through! As it's a Sunday night and I'm relaxing, so being lazy, I will need to check the differences between models another time ! Only need a basic model if they do that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...