UKC

The Whittackers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonnylowes 17 Nov 2013
This is a bit of a daft question, but are any of the following related:

Sam Whittacker
Katy Whittacker
Pete Whittacker

Thought I'd seen a brother/sister duo climbing gritstone on a dvd with their parents, something like committed vol 2. Tried googling it, and they're both on vol 2 but doesn't look like they're climbing together and it's bugging me more than it should!

Cheers.
 ro8x 17 Nov 2013
In reply to jonnylowes:

Pete and Katy are brother and sister. Sam is unrelated I believe...
OP jonnylowes 17 Nov 2013
In reply to ro8x:
> (In reply to jonnylowes)
>
> Pete and Katy are brother and sister. Sam is unrelated I believe...

Many thanks!

Typically found this after my post:
"The teenage brother and sister team, Pete and Katy Whittaker burst onto the climbing scene with a series of spectacular ascents on grit. In a frenzy of climbing they both stack up countless major ascents, and then one evening after school, with his whole family assembled to watch, Pete makes the terrifying first ascent of a truly iconic line at Burbage South."
 Eagle River 17 Nov 2013
In reply to jonnylowes:

You forgot Lucinder Whittaker. Unrelated to Katy and Pete but is Sam's other half and also very very good at climbing.
In reply to jonnylowes:

.....and

"Grit Kids follows the Whittakers, brother and sister Pete (17) and Katy (19) for a season on Peak gritstone. We see the pair rack up a challenging collection of routes of E6 and upwards, most notable is Katy's flash of an E6 and Pete's first ascent of Dynamics of Change E9 7a. Parental factors nourishing such talent at a young age are explored, notably encouragement towards something that's potentially dangerous."
In reply to Eagle River:
> (In reply to jonnylowes)
>
> You forgot Lucinder Whittaker. Unrelated to Katy and Pete but is Sam's other half and also very very good at climbing.

So many capable Whittackers!
 Muel 17 Nov 2013
In reply to jonnylowes:

I seem to remember Pete and Katy's Mum also used to pretty awesome?
 Ropeboy 18 Nov 2013
In reply to Muel:

Seen down the Edge a couple of times recently, no doubt to check her sons route setting, it's very good by the way.

J
pjkp 20 Nov 2013
In reply to Muel: I can assure you that I am not a very good climber and never have been, just enjoy it and Katy and Pete overtook me very quickly!!!!
They are no relation to Sam Whittaker, not that I know of anyway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...