/ Climbing Short Story Ė free, gratis, no charge.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
nwclimber on 18 Nov 2013
premier post photo
Hi, everyone,

My name is Mike Blood and Iíve got a 3000 word short story Iíd like to share with you. Itís a light-hearted piece that should only take 15 Ė 20 minutes of your time to read.

Last year my good friend Dave Hume and I published a book called The Bumper Book of Climbing Fun which has had some great reviews.

• Wonderful, irreverent, and hugely entertaining book... Brilliantly observed... quick-witted genius...

• Dave Pickford, Editor, Climb Magazine

• It's a great book ... and had me sitting laughing away. The two authors have done a great job and I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Karin Magog

• The book, whilst seemingly never serious, is sharp, witty and really hits the nail on the head... All in all - a fun book, humorous and witty...

• Jack Geldard - UKClimbing.com Chief Editor

• One of the most gloriously funny and un-put-downable books I've read for a very long time (and not just a climbing one either)."

• Amazon reader

• What do you buy a climbing fan who already has all the gear he needs? THIS!"

• Amazon reader

We feel the book is the perfect gift for any climber.

Youíve probably guessed that what Iím hoping is that youíll like the short story and buy the book ;-) but thereís certainly no obligation and I promise that there will be absolutely no follow-up contact of any sort (unless you ask nicely!).

The short story is called As Luck Would Have It and I can e-mail it to you via UKC if you send me a message by clicking on my user name, nwclimber.

Please let me know which format you would like it in: MS Word, pdf, or .mobi (for kindle).

You can find out more about us at http://www.cliperati.com/

And you can contact us here: http://www.cliperati.com/#!contact/c24vq

Best wishes and thanks for reading.

Mike Blood
LeeWood - on 24 Nov 2013
In reply to nwclimber:

So, the 1st part of your canvas has worked, I clicked on a premier post - quite a rare event!

You might attract some additional interest by inviting critique of your work. Whatever, send me a pdf and I'll take a look.

Lee
crisp - on 10 Dec 2013
In reply to nwclimber:

The Bumper Book of Climbing Fun is brilliant, it is the ideal Christmas present for a climber.
jack_44 - on 12 Dec 2013
In reply to nwclimber:

I will have a read if you send me a pdf. Thanks.
keith-ratcliffe on 21 Dec 2013
In reply to nwclimber:

Please send me a pdf to read - thanks.
Ann S on 21 Dec 2013
In reply to nwclimber:

Are you the climber I have often seen soloing with enviable grace and ease around many of the climbs in Wilton 3.

If you write as well as you climb then yes -I'll take a copy. :)
P Rogers - on 22 Dec 2013
In reply to nwclimber:

Sounds good, I'll have a pdf copy to read, thanks.
Phil.
nwclimber on 04 Jan 2014
In reply to P Rogers & Ann S:

yhm

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.