UKC

ml logbook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 18 Nov 2013
If you were to go for you ml award next year, how far back in years would you go for logging all appropriate qmd's???
 AlH 18 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: If you are going for training then a detailed break down of the recent couple of years (assuming regular hill walking) and the days you used to register with a summary of previous experience should be fine. Between training and assessment as full a picture of how you have developed and explored the skills and knowledge as possible.
 Banned User 77 18 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I'd cherry pick at least, especially different/unique areas/extended trips..

DaveHK 18 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

I went back to when I started (20+ years ago) to show depth of experience but didn't include many days from way back then.
OP AdCo82 18 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveHK:

I'm just wondering whether or not to go as far back as 1999 when I did walks such as Haystacks, Grasmoor, Great Gable and CMD on Ben nevis?
 ianlaw 18 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: You could put it in the general information section (think it's a white sheet)as a summary.
 DaveHK 18 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
> (In reply to Dave Kerr)
>
> I'm just wondering whether or not to go as far back as 1999 when I did walks such as Haystacks, Grasmoor, Great Gable and CMD on Ben nevis?

I included stuff as far back as 1988 but I was going for exemption from training so wanted to show long experience. I'd imagine that if you're going for training that would be excessive.
 AlH 18 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: If those are key walk yes add them as examples. Put them in as part of the summary for that period on a regular walking page so that all your recreational walking info. is in one place and obvious to trainer and assessor. E.g. 1999-2005 approx 30 days per year hillwalking in Lakes and Scotland e.g. Haystacks, Grasmoor, Great Gable and CMD on Ben nevis then increase detail as you get more up to date.
 ianlaw 18 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveHK: Yeah, imagine it would be excessive but can see why you'd log it. Best of luck
 SteveD 18 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I think I probably hold the record as I did my training in 1979 and assessment last year.

What I did in my log was to give broad strokes of early experience going into more detail in recent years, I then wrote a dialog of what I've done and why.

basically show as much experience as you can.

Steve D
 Fiona Reid 19 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

I logged all the hills I've done since 1997. Many of the early ones weren't QMD's as other folks lead the walks. From 2005 onwards I've marked the QMD's but have also included the nav practice / night nav sessions etc, days which weren't QMD's, folks last Munros where I looked after mates kids/wifes etc etc as it shows a depth and breadth of different experience.

My final summer logbook book when I did my assessment had about 240 days. I did make sure my QMD's were well highlighted to make the assessors job easier. Two of us on my assessment had done all the Munros and most of the Corbetts which meant we'd somewhat crazier logbooks than other folks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...