UKC

A Few Things The Conservatives Tried To Remove From Online.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 19 Nov 2013

Can be found here*. ()

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/6-speeches-the-conservatives-dont-want-...

*I'd say happy reading, but finding out the people in power are trying to erase what they've said in public from public record, at bests shows them to be untruthful and at worst is rather sinister.
Oliiver 19 Nov 2013
In reply to Timmd: They were all 3-6 years old. I think if I bothered I could find the same for lablib
 Dan Arkle 19 Nov 2013
I am most definitely not a tory supporter, but what has actually happened here is a technical web thing, not a sinister conspiracy. The speeches are still available, and no attempt has been made to deny anything said, it will all be available through newspaper archive sites anyway.
Further reading www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/13/ sorry_the_tories_didnt_
make_the_internet_disappear/

(i had to add some spaces before 'sorry' and 'make' to get the link accepted
 Offwidth 19 Nov 2013
In reply to Dan Arkle:

A technical web thing called tinyurl can get big urls linked.

http://tinyurl.com/k3qsz32

I'm not as relaxed as that website as political parties and other organisations are deliberately removing easy access to data that might end up being embarrassing. The site is right to regard people as dumb if they think 'wayback' is an archive. There are clear benefits from such material being in an open archive in a democracy especially when the mainstream press is often looking the other way.
 tony 19 Nov 2013
In reply to Dan Arkle:
> I am most definitely not a tory supporter, but what has actually happened here is a technical web thing, not a sinister conspiracy. The speeches are still available,

Where are the speeches still available?
In reply to Timmd:

Are you allowed to read the old Tory speaches if you ask your wife's permission?
 handjammer 19 Nov 2013
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh: Ha ha - very good!
 Reach>Talent 19 Nov 2013
In reply to Offwidth:
All of the political parties do it, as do a lot of websites. Interestingly the labour party have had a big cull of old speeches around the times of leadership changes, but this is more down to managing information than some sort of big cover up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...