UKC

Tell me where to go...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 19 Nov 2013
There seem to be lots of posts from people not just looking for conditions beta but actually wanting others to tell them where to go and what route to do.

Was it ever thus?
 Jamie B 19 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveHK:

In answer to your orginal question, go and do Slab Climb on Trident Buttress.
OP DaveHK 19 Nov 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

What's the gear like on that Jamie?
 AlH 19 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveHK: Glen Clova.
 Joak 19 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveHK: On a more serious note, goggles or sunglasses? Bearing in mind light is right, should I contemplate both?
 Only a hill 19 Nov 2013
In reply to Joak:
> (In reply to Dave Kerr) On a more serious note, goggles or sunglasses? Bearing in mind light is right, should I contemplate both?

Always a good idea to carry ski goggles, but sunglasses can be handy. Glacier goggles can be a good compromise between the two, particularly this kind:
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n504/tingsic/147171_ts.jpg

I have a similar pair and they're great, plus you get the crazy retro look to boot.
 Captain Solo 20 Nov 2013
In reply to Only a hill: My Dad made me wear these in the alps in the early 80's. I was too young to question any of his judgements.
 Captain Solo 20 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveHK: Its a cunning ploy to tackle routes in the peace and quiet that have not been namechecked in the preceding days.
 Jamie B 20 Nov 2013
In reply to DaveHK:

On reflection, I don't mind being asked where to go at this time of year. There is a considerable dark art and local knowledge involved in knowing which routes are not turf-dependent and suitable for ascent. I'd sooner folk were tapping into that than blindly going and ripping the turf out of Invernookie (or similar).
 Jamie B 20 Nov 2013
In reply to Joak:

> On a more serious note, goggles or sunglasses? Bearing in mind light is right, should I contemplate both?

If you believe that Light is Right take neither

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...