UKC

SEPA - pain in the proverbial or much needed guidance?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TheseKnivesMan 21 Nov 2013
I am currently applying to a job at SEPA - Scottish Environmental Protection Agency. I think I might even let myself get my hopes up a bit due to my background in landscape archaeology, salmon farming (very controversial! I feel like a double agent!) and sediment sampling/geology.

I am just wondering what climbers think of such organisations? Has there ever been a run-in between climbers and SEPA? Got told off for drytooling? Chalkmarks ruining moss? Clif bar wrappers buggering up the topsoil?
 Doug 21 Nov 2013
In reply to TheseKnivesMan: given that list of 'offences' I think you might be confusing SEPA with SNH (& if you get an interview be aware how they differ)
 ross 21 Nov 2013
In reply to TheseKnivesMan: Hiya, regardless of anything else SEPA is a fantastic place to work in terms of work life balance and getting out climbing/etc lots.
I don't know your background so apologies if you know this already-if you get an interview get in touch with the relevant team and arrange to visit them and find out as much as you can about the work they do etc. Don't lose heart if you don't get the job, there is probably an internal candidate who has already been doing it for 2 years. Seek feedback and keep trying,
Good luck, Ross.
 ag17 21 Nov 2013
In reply to TheseKnivesMan: I've never heard of any such run-ins, but as Doug said those sorts of things would be more likely SNH's bailiwick.

But if you do get an interview, make sure you get the name of the organisation right - it is "Environment" not "Environmental", and it pees them off slightly when folk get it wrong.

Good luck - it is indeed a great place to work with some great people. At least it was 15 years ago when I was there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...