UKC

'Tailored' Paramo Aspira..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pbradbeer 22 Nov 2013
I know it's been mentioned here before, but having just received my Paramo Aspira Smock back from Paramo Customer Services, I thought I'd do a post.

If you find your Paramo smock/jacket too baggy, consider having it altered by Paramo - it cost me £38 including cleaning/reproofing and return postage, and they have done a fantastic job. Highly recommended!
 pepperpot 22 Nov 2013
In reply to pbradbeer:

Interesting.... How does that work then?
pbradbeer 22 Nov 2013
In reply to pepperpot:

Not sure what you mean so I'll try to describe everything and hope this helps:

I'd had my smock for a while and although I liked the design and fabric, the fit (even in a mens size small) was too voluminous for my liking. I contacted Paramo Customer Services and subsequently sent my smock to them, along with a description of what I wanted done (effectively moving the arm seams and body seams in by 1 inch on each side). They quoted me the price (£38) and response time (5-6 weeks), I paid them, then it was duly returned to me, altered washed and reproofed. Now it is much better fitting, and there isn't loads of loose fabric in the arms and chest.
 dek 22 Nov 2013
In reply to pbradbeer:
Thanks for posting this info! My aspira smock looks like a sac o spuds too, but it's a great winter jacket.
(Did it really take 6 weeks to have it returned?)

pbradbeer 22 Nov 2013
In reply to dek:

Just looked at the letter from Paramo....they replied on 3rd Oct confirming they'd got my smock and quoting me £38.00, I got the smock back yesterday. Worth waiting for; so glad I've had it done.
 dek 22 Nov 2013
In reply to pbradbeer:

Thanks again! Will give them a call next week.
 Sharp 22 Nov 2013
In reply to pbradbeer:

If they've started accepting that their garments are cut like sails there's a much more efficient way of rectifying that than charging customers to send it back and have it altered. They've made an extra "flattering cut" jacket, so why not make a technical cut one?
 jonnie3430 22 Nov 2013
In reply to dek:

> Thanks for posting this info! My aspira smock looks like a sac o spuds too, but it's a great winter jacket.

> (Did it really take 6 weeks to have it returned?)

Square is how I'd describe the cut of my Aspira, short is how I'd describe the cut of my Quito! Am interested, but I think they'd need to measure me first for the number of changes!
 Dave 88 22 Nov 2013
In reply to pbradbeer:

Cheers for posting this, my fuera/summit is brilliant but the cut is absolutely awful. Seems a bit off to market all this technical clothing, then make it fit like a bin liner, but I don't mind paying it given how good it is. Bit of a rip off but oh well, beats trying to find a new jacket that works.
 Dave 88 22 Nov 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

Also a shame to find out about this just as winter gets here!
pbradbeer 22 Nov 2013
In reply to Sharp:

I agree Ben - I've never understood why the Aspira range (in particular) was cut so baggy. In my feedback to Paramo Customer Services I praised them for their excellent work but also commented that, in my view, that's how the garments should have been cut in the first place
pbradbeer 22 Nov 2013
In reply to Dave 88:

Sorry Dave! I remember seeing it on here before, so I decided to get it done well before winter. Still, if you get it done now, there's still lots of winter left...
marmot hunter 22 Nov 2013
In reply to pbradbeer:
I'd like to see someone who finds Paramo fits well. I'm thinking Oliver Hardy?
 Sharp 22 Nov 2013
I seem to remember someone on here saying that there's a company (in Skye?) that makes clothing with paramo fabric but with design features and cut you'd expect on outdoor clothing.
marmot hunter 22 Nov 2013
In reply to Sharp:

There is also Furtech who do the same kind of clothing. I have an Aspira and a Claw. The Furtech Claw is far more fitted.
 Dave 88 22 Nov 2013
In reply to pbradbeer:

What am I supposed to do in the meantime? I can't just go out in my pants, this isn't school PE!!
 Dave 88 22 Nov 2013
In reply to Sharp:

Cioch Direct I think mate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...